Reality check unflattering mirror pics personal challenge

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 8, 2015 9:48am
via iOS
All of you out there who actually enjoy taking shirtless selfies this is not geared toward you.

I have always hated pictures of myself, and the more weight I've gained the less I want to look in the mirror. Some days it can be bad enough that I actually don't look in the mirror at all and purposefully avert my gaze whenever I run across a mirror (this makes getting ready in the morning very tricky). On these days, even catching a glimpse of myself in a reflective window walking around town can be enough to start the self-hate track in my head.

Instead of finding refuge in denial, though, I am challenging myself to face the mirror, accept who I am and what I look like, and give myself the same loving kindness that I try to extend to others every day.

My plan is to take a set of four (front, sides, and back) pics every week. No shirt, no sucking in, no finding the best angle, and no tolerance for negative self talk. I'll post these pics along with the date, time, current weight, a self image rating, and some kind words directed to myself.

My hope is to find that place where self acceptance and self improvement meet.

I invite others who would like to do the same to follow and post along with me. Please if you have anything other than kind words to say don't waste your time, I promise I have all of the negative comments already covered in my head.
08 Oct
I have been there! I AM still there!
08 Oct
I am working on myself too. I haven't wanted to post my pictures... I would be willing to do this with you...I already started taking pics, just not posting.
08 Oct
Ali thanks for being willing to join me in this! Makes me feel a little less of a freak :)
08 Oct
Your welcome. Thanks for giving me the courage to do it
08 Oct
Really respect your honesty and what your doing here.
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Oct 8, 2015 1:08pm
via Android

You are really brave.:-) and i thing improvement is important for coming future rather than your present.:-)

08 Oct
Thanks!
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Oct 8, 2015 7:31pm
via Android

OK. It was scary...but I put pics up of myself for all to see...I hope I don't blind anyone.

08 Oct
Nice!
08 Oct
BTW, I've only been working out for one month. That's why there's little change. I hope in one year I'm WAY better looking...to myself.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 10, 2015 1:26am
via iOS
Feeling proud of myself today. I splurged on myself a week ago and got an Apple Watch. I set the activity goal for 1000 calories a day and I've hit it every day for the last week!
10 Oct
Awesome! I'm proud of you too! Keep it up!
18 Feb
Good idea . I might just try that

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51