Core

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 15, 2015 12:36am
via Android

What's better for the mid section. Crunches or planks? I've read that planks are better. I get a little neck pain from too many crunches.

20 Nov
Planks for the win in a versus contest with crunches! Definitely learn other ab workouts to target specific areas of your core, which include obliques, upper abs, lower abs, and back!
20 Nov
Thanks Daniel. Planks....planks and more planks!
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Nov 16, 2015 9:08am
via Android

Probably whatever one that doesn't hurt and you keep doing. I like bicycle crunches, but lately I've found that it helps to keep working in new core exercises so I dont get bored and unmotivated. Some of them i hate and won't do again but my core sessions are more interesting now.

There may be one single supreme best core exercise, but it doesn't work if we don't do it, right? If we decide to do that one perfect exercise everyday but then get bored out of our minds and start making excuses to skip it, then wouldn't an "inferior" exercise that we actually do be better than a "superior" one we don't do?

That's kind of my philosophy on exercise in general. The best exercise is the one you do.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 17, 2015 11:23pm
via Android

Thanks Patrick.  I prefer planks.  To me they provide better results. 

18 Nov
Well the thing that I've learnt about crunches is that u should never look at neither your abs and knees because of the fact that by doing the above pulls your neck and that's why yours hurt. So the drill is to look to the ceiling, contract your abs and use only your abdominals to elevate up and down, and always remember to inhale down and exhale up.
18 Nov
Thanks for the info. I'll make sure I do it the proper way from now on
28 Nov
Ticky so bad is right

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51