Question, question, question...

2 posts | Original | Recent
5 Posts
Nov 15, 2015 4:32am
via Android

Hey all! Does anyone know how many days you should workout? How many days for toning and cardio? And for how long on those days? What's the most effective? Thx!

950 Posts
Nov 16, 2015 8:52am
via Android

It depends on what you do. Rest serves several functions in fitness, like building muscle, and overall system recuperation. I have in the past overworked to the point of fatiguing my system to the point where I can get sick much easier.

Weightlifters usually exercise on some kind of a schedule which allows them to work a body part then rest it for at least a day. Like I do upper body one day, lower body the next day, then cardio the next, then a full rest day with just some yoga maybe. Rest is necessary to build muscle.

If you're kind of just the average gym goer / casual fitness enthusiast, doing treadmill walking or jogging, cardio, stretches, & light circuit weights, you can probably exercise almost everyday. I highly recommend working some challenging heavy weights into your schedule, & if you do you should allow rest to be more a part of your routine, but you can rotate your rest per body part, as I mentioned.

If you start to feel especially drained or fatigued you know you work hard enough for maybe a rest or stretching day to be part of your schedule.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51