Body changes after 35

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 24, 2013 3:47am
via Android

It ain't what it used to be. As you get older you start noticing everything. You go off track and your muscles lose it. I need some good ideas for some little love handles that have started to form. I need to zap these asap! Anyone??

24 May
'Aint what it use to be'.... I feel ya. What happened to the 30's being the new 20's?! Lol
Image_thumb
11 Posts
May 24, 2013 4:08am
via iOS
Combination of Yoga, healthy diet, light weights and whatever cardio or workouts that you did in the past, find someone to design you a totally different plan. I mentioned Yoga to fight stress/higher cortisol levels and flexibility. As we get older our metabolism can slow down for a number of reasons so healthy diet that's sustainable. Light weight training will help you continue burning calories long after a workout and also  thwart common bone density loss. Personally, I've found that some of my old cardio tricks have just lost their effectiveness. So, don't be afraid to switch things up there. Also, some squats with a dcent amount of weight. That exercise continues to work the largest group of muscles and burn the most calories of any other. Good luck!
24 May
Switching things up is key... Both in pace and type of exercise....
Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 24, 2013 4:13am
via Android

Thanks so much for these great tips! I guess it is a change in lifestyle well needed. My diet is great, but I need to switch up my workouts. I've reached a plateau ..and need more intensity. Thanks again!!

24 May
Happens to the best of us .... Getting older hat is :)
21 Jun
I felt I plateaued as well so I switched from lifting heavier weights in favor of lighter weights with as many reps as possible. I also do 20 mins of cardio before and then finish with 40-60 mins on the treadmill/elliptical. That change felt tremendous. Good luck to ya
21 Jun
Another thing I did was get involved in organized sports. Great additional exercise as well.
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jul 12, 2013 6:19pm
via iOS
Main thing is to watch what you eat
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Jul 13, 2013 8:38pm
via Android

After 35 definately keep at it

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jul 13, 2013 10:19pm
via Android

I'm only 34 but I feel better then I ever was,  but I exercise more than ever before, so it only means that what you put in you get back.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51