Anyone over 40?

58 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 20, 2013 4:16am
via Android

Over 40 and having no luck with my diet. Looking for tips on weight loss and fitness for post-menopausal women.

20 Jul
Hi Darcie I'm 46 and shocking with diet. Though I know there's no quick fix just eat in moderation. Though heard the Dash diet is good as it's a long term thing.
25 Jul
Hi, I'm 43 and I also have the same problen post-menopausal, I recommend you to take Agnus-castus (vitex) as well as hormon blend with red clover, both are plants and they help you to increase the estrogen in a natural way. Try to have a very healthy diet fruits, vegetables, chia seeds, hemp seeds, nuts and maca powder helps a lot too.
20 Oct
I m 37 ...2 more year go to be 40 will same or diffrent body just wondering but cant see images impossblie
22 Oct
I'm 14!
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 11:43am
via iOS
Hello Darcie! I'm 44 and trying very hard to stay in shape.

Let's help each other 
M12_thumb
43 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 12:18pm
via iOS
Good morning I am 53 soon to turn 54 next month, and I do want to turn this fat on me into muscle:)
M12_thumb
43 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 12:21pm
via iOS
I guess if I was on a diet you would say I follow the Dash Diet. I do log everything I eat on my Fittness site Lose It which has helped me a bunch. I ride my incumbent bike, I am a Fitbit one user and have a Aria Scale and do as much walking as I can to get my 10,000 steps a day. It's hard being an office girl so I walk everyday for 30 minutes on my lunch hour and what I can after work. Just found this site and seen your post. Have a beautiful weekend.
29 Jan
Hi, I am 45 years old and I can tell you to cut the gluten ( found in wheat, rye, barley and others) I have no choice with it because I am gluten intolerant. This will help you to feel better and will help in your wants to lose weight. A handful of nuts and about 10 minutes time will help to curb your appetite and tell your brain your not hungry. You can also drink lots and lots of water. I hope this information is useful, take care.
30 Jan
You hit the nail in the head!
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 12:34pm
via Android

Good morning, I 45, and am a weight loss coach. I have found in research that most people eat too many carbs an not enough protein. I'm not sure how strict u wanna be.  I've seen a lot of people have great success with the paleo diet. Or following it as close to possible. I don't eat many grains or dairy through out my week. I just started working out again 5 weeks ago. I decided as they say it truly does need to be a lifestyle change an not just a "diet". Haven't felt better in years!!

Image_thumb
202 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 1:37pm
via Android

Darcie, check out threadbon over 35;,' s , its always active and a great big crew of regularsbon there. Lots of advice, support and stuff from your peers. All the best man.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 2:54pm
via iOS
I 41 I work out every morning for an hour with dumbbells and cardio my goal is to lose weight and have a toned body and not too muscular ... Hello from Italy
Image_thumb
389 Posts
Jul 20, 2013 3:28pm
via iOS
Yes come over to the over 35 thread. We have a great group of men and women trying to get fit and stay fit. Btw I'm 40...I try to eat as clean as I can most of the time. I do slip and have foods not clean but try to get back to it as soon as I can
04 Nov
I am 29
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jul 22, 2013 11:22pm
via Android

Hi..i am 45...

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 12:13am
via iOS
46 for one more month. Have never been more motivated to stay shape and clean up my diet. Wishing had done this years ago, but better late than never. Wishing all the best if luck and know you can do it.
23 Jul
Hi Stephanie:) I'm right there with you. Have been eating cleaner, and really getting into exercise. My goal is to be 80 an healthy as a 20 yr old!!
31 Jul
Hi Stephanie & Tina, I am 46 and after putting on a few over the winter I tried my usual method for dropping the extra pounds which did not seem to work anymore. I started juicing. My diet was very clean for the first month. I still juice but have relaxed my diet a bit but it seems to be keeping my weight in check not to mention that my digestion has greatly improved. Now I want to start rebuilding the muscle I seem to have lost.
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jul 23, 2013 12:18am
via iOS
Yes!  Have to keep up with the grandchildren at the very least.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 25, 2013 6:24pm
via iOS
43, doing P90x for 3 months now
369111_666455495_2117191196_n_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 4:54am
via Android

Lisa I looked for your forum couldn't find it. Could you help with that? Thanks :-)

19 Aug
Donna, look at my reply above, sorry I put ut in the wrong place.
19 Aug
If you can't find it, go to my page and look under post I've created, you should find it there. We stay pretty close to the top unless there's lots of activity.
369111_666455495_2117191196_n_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 5:01am
via Android

I'm 48 been through menopause and have been miserable every since with the weight gain and the hot flashes, I feel like I'm on fire most of the day, not to mention im just so tired all the time too. Thyroid I believe is out of wack also. I will know tomorrow about my thyroid. I need to lose about 15 pounds hopefully I can do that once I find out about my thyroid. It was hyper a few years back, took off 14 pounds in no time and I felt great but the meds to slow it down made me put it back on feel like crap again because of it.

30 Jan
41 for another week.i am menopausal too as well as suffering hypothyroidism . I've found that hypothyroidism causes a chill which is a great relief from the hot flashes except that you are extremely tired and hungry as well,like that helps the slow metabolism.they do have some good otc products that can help with the hot flashes but you must check to see if they could interfere with any meds your on.im on a hormone pill that helps some.best of luck to you.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 7:33am
via iOS
Hi Darcie, I turned 42 this year and peri-menapause has begun. Hot flashes and imbalanced hormone's seem to be the new norm, ugh. So, I am fighting back with a good diet, exercise & plenty of sleep. Good luck, I know who hard this can be, but I'm told this too shall pass. Let's hope, right?
19 Aug
U go girl!
19 Oct
Hang in there girl I'm going through the same thing! I found Estevan multivitamin and it is awesome!!!!
Image_thumb
202 Posts
Aug 19, 2013 10:15am
via Android

Its called :
Anyone 35 years or older???
All the best with it. Great support network on there. Enjoy.

Image_thumb
103 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 4:07am
via Android

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 21, 2013 4:15am
via Android

Hi! I'm 48 and was in the best shape of my life until I had to start taking the pill to get my periods straightened out. Stuggling to keep my weight gain at a minimum if not reverse it. Do not give up! We got this! :)

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 31, 2013 8:35pm
via iOS
I'm 42.
Image_thumb
94 Posts
Aug 31, 2013 8:45pm
via Android

Post menopausal?  When should menopause start? That seems a little early..

31 Aug
Yeah I thought that!! Getting scared!!
31 Aug
I know! Me too. :/
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Oct 17, 2013 6:24pm
via iOS
Hi, I just turned 45 this passed Monday.  Happy Birthday to me!!!!
19 Oct
Happy belated birthday...I hope it was a joyful day!
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 18, 2013 12:06am
via Android

Hi I'm 40 is bout to be 41 next month.I want to lose weight.since I had my kids I went to skinny and now I'm chubby.I want to be skinny again where I use to.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Oct 19, 2013 5:28pm
via Android

I just turned 43 last month and I have lost some weight, but now I am at a plateau ...I decided to give this program a try... so far so good ! Feeling awesome and encouraged ... My knees hurt a little bit, but I think I'll be alright! lol

28 Dec
Kenya, I'm 45 and fighting to stay motivated. I work out ALL the time and struggle to lose weight. Keep moving, it gets easier! Promise!
10 Jan
I.m 42....want to the fittest I.ve ever been and so far enjoying the progress made so far..
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 25, 2013 9:40am
via iOS
41yo here 
369516_1677437115_838432550_n_thumb
3 Posts
Oct 26, 2013 12:02am
via Android

43 here

26 Oct
Me too...wut-wut!!
30 Jan
Does anyone here work out in the evening i need the motivation (big time),wondering if it was possible to contact through here ,just to be accountable to someone else would be very benefical

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51