Post surgery- need help

4 posts | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 7:24pm
via Android

HELP!! I had surgery that kept me down for 3 months. During that time I developed pretty bad eating habits and couldn't/didn't exercise at all. I found myself 30 pounds heavier with NO endurance. Where do you suggest I begin?

17 Dec
Hey girl dontbe ashammed. Start slow as u recover from your surgery compleatly then increase as your body feels better.your health and well being is 1 # .youl have more time 2 workout. 4 right now is u and your recovery.hope thiz helpz abit
226 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 7:47pm
via iOS
First, change your diet. Second, walk. Start with just that.
21 Oct
Thanks Ariana. I'm trying. It's so hard to get motivated. I'm so ashamed of the weight that I want to stay inside
64 Posts
Oct 21, 2013 10:06pm
via Android

Hi Melita,don't feel bad for the weight you have gained during thankful to Almighty that you have overcame that you just need to take a start.change your diet to healthy ones,make yourself strong..progress will have it..All the best

2 Posts
Dec 16, 2013 9:12pm
via iOS
Ariana has it right.  You got to start somewhere.  I am in a similar boat.  I have had problems with blood flow in brain, I quit smoking and had a craniotomy to assist the blood flow.  So, you can guess that I packed on some pounds but I have to be careful not to overdo it or I get headaches or feel tingles on my right side.

If you are really that embarrassed, perhaps you can march in place to start.  Get up while you watch tv and stretch.  I think movement encourages more movement and the hard part is just getting up!  Remind yourself you are exercising to help improve your body and to keep your spirits up.  Which is why I would suggest walking outside.  Get some music or an audiobook.

Health issues can be a real downer.   Just as you had to be patient with your recovery, you need to cut yourself a break when it comes to losing weight.  Personally, I don't have muchatience in that arena, I get frustrated, give up, then it's back to hiking my thigh up and getting back on the horse.

Best of luck to you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51