3 posts | Original | Recent
9 Posts
Jul 11, 2014 4:53pm
via iOS
Hello!'s the deal...I've been working out for about a month on the elliptical and recently started abs and arm workouts. My problem...I'm a starting to lose my motivation. I like working out, but am having a hard time forcing myself to do it. I guess I'm just on here to get a little encouragement....

I know I can do this; I guess I wish I was just seeing more immediate results, like when I was on my 30's. I used to be able to lose weight and tone up in no time.

Does anyone else have this problem?

11 Jul
Hi Marjorie I hear you...being in my forties and dealing with, spouse, career, coach soccer and basketball for kids. Ok breath... How do you stay motivate to work out for you. Your not the only one facing this. We are on a great lunch do a short 10min chair work out. All my work friends are hooked. Do the same on two more of your breaks throughout the day. Now you have worked out for 30 intense min. Any other work out afterwards will be bonus. Stay motivated... Do short burst workouts that are affected eat right drink...
14 Jul
I just turned 40 last month, and changed my routine to make it really fun - one of my favourite workouts at the moment is skipping mixed with body weight exercisesthat way I can be outside while my kids are and be with them, i can take my skipping rope when i have to travel for work and get a great workout anywhere - best bit is that it leaves me feeling super energised
39 Posts
Jul 19, 2014 3:16am
via Android

I have noticed that I gain weight easily now that I am older and losing weight is definitely an uphill battle.
I like the suggestions that everyone has but honestly everyone is different.  What works for me?  Just looking at how far I've come. I don't look like when I was in my 20's but I look better than when I was in my 30's. I am wider and am comfortable with myself and that alone gives me motivation to keep at it.

Plus, all the great people on this site help. Not just the hard bodies but the moms and dads that work and still make the effort to stay healthy. Everyone has their story and reasons for keeping in shape.You need to find yours and keep focused on that.

You can do it!!!! 

8 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 9:05am
via Android

Hi Marjorie. I've also had this problem. For me, it was about whether I was happy with what I saw in the mirror or not...and I wasn't. I think you also need a reason to look good. Personally, I'm very conscious of my body and the way I look in public. I also tend to challenge myself by occasionally buying things that can only look good on you if you're in good shape. It's motivating when you just start to see the promising results of wearing these things and not looking hideous.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51