A healthier me

13 posts | Original | Recent
15 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 7:54pm
via Android

This year I made the same new year resolution that I have made for the past 6 yrs.

It started off the same... all talk no action. Then my sister posted a pic of us on Facebook. When I saw that picture I could only think, "when did you get that big" The discuss got me up off my buttons and I popped in hip hop abs.

I am week three, day 3 now. I rest on Saturdays.

Thus far I can not see a difference. However, when I started on the 4th, my scale read 276.4. But on Sunday it read 264.4.

My goal is 170 by my birthday, next February 10, 2016.

Workout buddies & accountability is very much needed. LET'S HELP EACH OTHER!

28 Jan
Hi I'm Lynda, in with a group or forum call anyone want to get out of the 200lbs. A very strong, dedicated group of people supporting each other day by day, all day long, week to week. Join us i think we can help u
28 Jan
Hi Lynda, congratulation on your resolution. I will be part of the group if you want. I am over 40 but 150lbs, still I need to workout. I need motivation and together we can do it.
28 Jan
Morning Unice, please join the forum with Kimberly H and alot of others. "Who was to be under 200lbs. Motivation, fun, help, challenges, mealplans, etc
28 Jan
Sorry for misspelling ur name
28 Jan
15 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 1:54am
via Android

I started  using rights size smoothies this week.it has been working  well for me as for as making feel satisfied.   However, when I got on the scale, I have only lost 2 lbs.  Seems  I was doing  better just working  on hip hop abs.

Just hoping it's because I started  using weight  during my workout.   My official weight in is Sunday.    I should not have touch the scale until  then.

Hopefully it will even out next week.

I think

31 Jan
Hi Shawn B. I to am looking to lose weight this year. I'm over fifty and need someone to keep me accountable. I would love to join your group. I'm officially starting February 3 2015.
15 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 3:03am
via Android

Hi Sharie H.  Welcome 

SO... I  completed 8wks of hip hop abs.  I switch to an old school workout "The firm" I completed 1wk thus far.  My whole body feels this workout.

There is no weigh in to report.  I was scale watching daily so I took my scale back to the store.

But measurements

276.4.  1-18-15      Now ?  2-22-15 16.5        neck:              15 7/8
17.5.       R arm:           18.5
18.5.       L arm:            18.5
46.5        Under arm:    42.5
49.5.       Chest
45.           Under chest:  40
46. 5        Waist:             44
56.5.       Lower abs:     54
58.           Hips:               51.5
31.            R thigh.          29
32.            L thigh:           30  1/8
21.            R knee:           21
21.5.        L knee:            21
16.5.        R calf:             17  1/8
17.5.        L calf:              18 7/8
Feeling pleased with my progress

23 Feb
You are doing fantastic! Good thing you ditched the scale, wise choice.
03 Mar
Very good stats. I'm 41 making 42 in May. My goal is to lose clear to 30 pounds by then. I am also trying the Shred diet by Dr. Ian. I won't be weighing myself until 3.15.15 abs hopefully can have 10 lbs lost by then.
15 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 4:01am
via Android

Any suggestions  anyone!

Since starting my new workout tapes "the firm" which combines aerobics and weight training for 63 min workout.

About an hour after the workout I be starving.  I am trying not to workout then stuff my face.  It will make the workout very useless.

Any suggestions  anyone

23 Feb
Don't be afraid of eating! For a workout of that length you need to eat something both before and after. Your body is all out of energy from working hard. You help it build muscle through eating something rich in protein. There are different opinions on whether you should eat carbs before and protein after or the other way around, or even if you should eat protein both before and after. As far as I understand carbs that you eat within 30 minutes after working out are just burned right off for providing your body with quick energy. Browse the...
15 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 3:16am
via Android

Just finished my firm workout!

I had a very rough day 2day. 

I put on a pair a pants that 2 month ago I could no longer fit.  So when I could pull them over my hips and button them, I was on cloud  9.   Now do know they are still tight,  but i could  button them again  so i was truely feeling myself so much that when I went to gnc for vitamins, I made the mistake and got on their scale.   That thing said 262.9 !

The last time I weighed myself it was 262.4 .  That was about  2 or 3 weeks ago.  I was standing in gnc totally  deflated. 

That emotional eater Shawn showed her face.  As I was walking to the food court, I went past a window display and caught my reflection.

I pulsed and looked at the pants I was so proud to squeeze into this morning and rub the dents/ curves that are starting to form on what use to look like box hips just straight up & down.

I turned my butt around  came home and did my workout. 

As my legs started  shaking during my workout I was thinking "yeah girl ... do it!"

My hips saved me today!  I don't know what I am doing wrong  with my numbers on my scale.  but I see changes.  It may be a small change that only I can see but that is good enough  for me. 

I will not give up on myself!

Goodnight all. 

25 Feb
This happens to me all the time and this is why I keep saying to people to throw the scale out. It's so sick that we're so stuck on numbers that what the scale says is more important than what we see and feel. With that said: GREAT job! Be proud of yourself!
15 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 5:02pm
via Android

Thanks guys.... I never heard of the shed died.  I am going to have to look that up. 

I am still  trying to find something that can be a "for life" eating habit.

I am currently  doing right size smoothies for breakfast,  veggies & dressing or a salad for snack, another smoothie for lunch,  another small salad or 100 cal healthy  snack for snack,  I eat a full healthy meal for dinner by 8pm & then after my workout, (currently the firm with Janice jones) I have another snack.  I drink two liters a day of water.  (8 cups)

I need a better meal plan.  I don't want to use a smoothie for both breakfast & lunch only because  I think it will be easier  to pick lbs back up.

15 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 2:01am
via Android

Just completed my hour date with "The firm instructed by Janice Jones"

I moved up from 3lbs & 5lbs to 5lbs & 8lbs.   I must say I am a little  worn. 

I want  to do a 30 min workout in am and stick to my hour workout b4 bed. 

I am going to try it again tomorrow to see if I feel the same... if it is too much right now.   I felt light headed  when I got up from floor. 

The last 20 mins of programs  is lower body, abs & arms.  When  I got up to stretch I had to sit back down too dizzy.  But I was good  the whole hour routine.

Puzzled if too much change  in one day?

Off to shower.... til next time!

15 Posts
Mar 6, 2015 5:55am
via Android

Almost went  to bed without  doing my workout.  Could not sleep  so I say why not get up.  Pop in the firm Janet jones... I thought they were saying  Janice.   But no its janet.  Tired now.  But I think this shower is going to wake me up

Til next time......

15 Posts
Mar 7, 2015 1:24am
via Android

Hello all....

Found a firm step aerobics on you tube.  Man when I say I felt it right out the box... my poor legs were pushed tonight.  
But I had to catch my breath  a few times.   I like the firm because they do interval training with weight.  I burn alot.

Still looking for a nutrition plan to cut out a smoothie @ lunch.  The more I research the more confused I am.  Some say wheat/ whole grains are no good. other say only whole grains will help you burn fat.   I just say help, Please!

I really don't want to be doing the wrong thing and end up burning  muscle  instead of fat.

Til next time.

15 Posts
Mar 15, 2015 10:28am
via Android

.....why I get my 'A' on the scale & it said....257.2 lbs

I guess I am doing a little better than I thought.  Almost 20 lbs in 11wks

I will take that!!!  I am so excited!!!

I had started  looking into gastric bypass/ gastric sleeve.  I really thought my exercises weren't working. I look in the mirror every day and I see nothing.

I only see number on a scale or inches on my tape measure. however I do not see a difference in my body &  I don't  know why I can't  see any difference in my body composition.  But clearly there must be from 276.4 to 257.2.

Is something wrong with me?  the way I see my body image?  Or is this normal?

4 Posts
Mar 30, 2015 11:56am
via Android

Shawn, sounds like GREAT progress to me. First few pounds come off quickly, which is why all commercial programs promise extreme results in 6 weeks. Most people fall of after that. So let's talk continued loss/maintenance. 1-2 lbs per week for 11 weeks is good. Changing image takes longer. My father in law was in your shoes but with diabetes & needing joint replacement. Couldn't walk up 5 stairs without pain. He dropped 30lbs & got his sugar under control before the surgeon would touch him. Now with 4 new joints, hips & knees,  in 6 months, he's getting around better & continues to lose weight. He's down 60lbs in the past year. It can be done! Remember: it came on slowly, it will probably come off slowly. Keep it along term goal.

12 Apr
Thanks... I want to do it the healthy way. With every progression, I feel more motivated to reach a new goal. It was when I had a bad week, I get discouraged. I have my days. But I am going to keep going & do it right this time so I want have to do it again! Thanks comments really helps me.
15 Posts
Apr 12, 2015 2:57am
via Android

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  Very helpful

15 Posts
Apr 12, 2015 3:42am
via Android

As of 4/11/15

Weights:  250.4
Body fat:  54.7%
Body water:  33%
Bmi:  46%
Bone mass:  5.6
Body muscle:  56.6%
Daily  Calorie  Intake:  75wks @ 2859 day

Neck:  14.8
A round shoulder:  46.5
R arm:  17.7
L arm:  17.5
Under arm:  39.7
Chest:  --
Under chest:  37.5
Waist:  39.7
Lower abs:  51.2
Hips:  48.7
R thigh:  27.8
L thigh:  29.2
R knee:  18.8
L knee:  19.4
R calf:  17.9
L calf:  17.9

Still using The Firm classics vol 1, 2 and 3 with weights.  Walk every  sat hiking  trail in local park.  Currently up to 7 miles.  Trying  to get to 10 mile.  Seems  like it gets  easier  every time I hike. Wear weight  on legs every time and arms some time.  That depends  if I take my grandkids  and pull them in the wagon.  If so, arms weight  are to much for me right now.

Happy  with my progress.

Best thing I did was invested in a scale that tracks my body composition.

Sometime the numbers on the scale  don't move or actually  go up.  With me using weight, this happens.

Now, I pay close attention to body fat & water vs bone & muscle mass.  Just to make sure what I loose is fat & water  and not bone/ muscle mass.

I use to freak out looking at the scale.  I can see what is really going on with my body.

Also take measurements biweekly.

I feel  great!  But I still can't see any difference in my body.  However, I get comments about my weight loss.

I love it even though I can not see it myself!  I do see it in the numbers.  But when I look in the mirror, I still look 276.4 lbs.  I know I am now 250.  But I can not see it yet.  But I am happy  with me!

Well until  next check in.......
                Happy Work out  to you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51