Fit for Fifty, Strong at Fifty one

20 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 10:23pm
via Android

Fit for Fifty - I wanna get fit for 50, I'm young at heart and love my vices but have cut down on all drink and smoke.. At the end of the month I have a blow out...I'm 14st 9lbs, got the dreaded man boobs and a bit of a tummy but no couch potato..April 9th is me birthday, any suggestions???

01 Feb
Hey! How's your eating?
01 Feb
I love my food, I eat good quality but portions are too big
01 Feb
Okay. You can start off by controlling your portion size. Do you have a gym membership?
01 Feb
Yep, I do, I'll be going in the morning, mainly cardio, fat burning for an hour. I'll work on the portion sizes and post, thanks for that, can you recommend any workouts or exercises from the app
02 Feb
Well made it to the gym, just 20 min fat burn on cross trainer, felt good after weekend of drinking and what not, then had to go and help my Dad move a sofa at 9.30. Just did cool core workout, believe me there was nothing cool about it..First time though so I'll allow myself some excuses..I suppose this question has been on here loads but as I've just started using the app properly after a year of subscribing, what's best cardio before or after weights and also cardio before exercises like cool core?
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 11:02pm
via Android

Just realized I should be using the reply at bottom of the screen rather than comments der...

Image_thumb
61 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 11:35pm
via Android

Good job Jeremy. Be focused and determined. Portion control is very good but try and eat more proteins than carbs so as to keep you full and to prevent cravings. Snack on fruits and nuts. 

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 1, 2015 11:41pm
via Android

Thanks for that Favy, didn't realize proteins help in feeling full, feeling motivated already. Gonna try and go full on for February, bought loads of eggs today so I suppose that's good!

Image_thumb
61 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 1:29am
Yeah. Eggs and good but don't forget that they are high in cholesterol. Especially for your age. I'll advise you take more of beans, chicken, fish, turkey, and at least 2-3/ week.( Am sorry. Feel like am been too strict) That's What I do and uts working for me.
Image_thumb
61 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 1:34am
Sorry for the typo. I meant eggs are good. Then 2-3 eggs/week.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 2, 2015 11:39am
via Android

Thanks for the reminder about cholesterol Favy, didn't think about that one!

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 7:11pm
via Android

Good luck bro .. good to see another Brit...few thousand more and we rivalling the yanks .. haha

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 5, 2015 9:27pm
via Android

Thanks guvnor, I proper wimped out today though, head cold and coughing like an old banger, ain't had a cold for nearly 2 years, but my lady caught it off a work colleague who might be due for a bypass, maybe that's why its so strong... that's inspired me but got to take today out, letting the Brits down today lol

05 Feb
Rest up tomorrow is another day... you want to ease in to it and make it routine...so just like those days when you cba going to work...but have too...your workouts are the same! Of course just like work a sick day works wonders :-) . Of course we are all fighting for life...not going without a fight .. but also the world becomes our oyster and we can do things we never dreamed off....living life :-)
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 7:57pm
via Android

That's excellent advice Matt, I can't remember the last time I took a day off sick at work, gonna try and adopt that mind set for exercising, nice one

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 13, 2015 9:30am
via Android

Got to get out that fridge as Maria might say, I'll use that for inspiration, cheers for that...my motivation seems to come in fits and spurts and I know I need consistency, must be an age old quandary, but how, I suppose if I keep posting that might help?!

13 Feb
Routine! .. I'm only mid 30s but was 24 stone and gasping walking to the car..30 a day smoker...so on! Now 18 stone triple the amount of muscle, dont smoke and every morning in the gym and kickboxing at night. Start lifting weights in the gym..more muscle you have more fat you burn and stops your body from burning muscle! .. roughly count calories to around 2000 remebering only water is calorie free and eat them cals over 6 meals in the day.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 21, 2015 6:32pm
via Android

Think I'll change the name of this post to Fit for 150, lol....Just did rowing machine, bike and ecliptic for 75 mins ...Fat burn...trying again. Got a routine of excuses! but at least I'm out the fridge and sticking more with a more low carb diet..Well done all for completing your workouts

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 1:22pm
via Android

Good job Jeremy that rowing exercise sounds intense. 50 ain't so bad. Actually it was one of my most fondly remembered birthdays. I say, "Fifty down and fifty more to go!"

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 4:57pm
via Android

Thanks for that, I do 2000 metres in about 9 & 1/2 minutes, don't know if it's good, bad or indifferent, but you do have to go some to do it in less than 10..It's quite a boring exercise, I think must people avoid the rower, not sure what it does for you either, but when done well its a good feel good feeling..Yeah with some luck, good health and technology we can all do the next fifty

23 Feb
Good for you Jeremy. Keep it up :-)........and stay out of the fridge if you're not really hungry lol
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 10:17am
via Android

Well it's my Birthday, when I started this post, I thought I'd be ripped by today lol! However soon after starting I realized that ain't happening. I did however realize this is a lifestyle journey not a first past the post. My efforts have been dismal but just doing some of the Skimble workouts has increased strength and flexibility which has aided me in my general day to day activities. Time management is always an issue in our busy lifestyles, silly thing is the more we find time to workout the better we are at dealing with our busy lifestyles....Whether you are bang on it or struggling with motivation, little by little, build and grow and never stop learning....Enjoy your day Skimblers...Happy Birthday to me and all the other great people born on April 9th

09 Apr
Happy birthday Jeremy my fellow Arian :-) .. have a good day my brother an even better night !
09 Apr
Happy birthday, Jeremy!
09 Apr
Happy birthday Jeremy. God's Blessings.!!
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 10:36am
via Android

A fellow Ram, now I'm proper motivated Matt lol...

09 Apr
Haha...tough lambs..or wolves in sheeps clothing!
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 11:18am
via Android

Big lol

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 11:18am
via Android

Thanks Anna

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 9, 2015 11:25am
via Android

Hi Glen, thanks for taking the time to write that advice, still a bit confused how to reply directly, hope you see this...great stuff to work on

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Apr 9, 2016 4:39pm
via Android

It's my Birthday today and one year ago to the day I started using Work-out trainer. I think I could of made a better effort bit if you had asked me to do Elbow to Hands plank a year ago I would have crumbled and fallen. Every little bit of exercise counts to making you stronger and this year I'm going to follow more people because followers are inspirational and motivational. Keep up your efforts all X

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51