Has anyone here tried Almased?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 4, 2013 6:50pm
via Android

I am 51 years old and I have about 20 lbs. to lose. I have started a Crossfit class (Monday's, Wednesday's & Friday's) and I am planning on starting this Almased cleanse. The crossfit kicked my butt, but I made myself do one of the Ab workouts. It did help get rid of the soreness :-) So, anybody heard of it? Tried it? I'm dying to know what you think!

Image_thumb
72 Posts
May 21, 2014 9:58pm
via iOS
I have never heard of it!
24 May
Thanks for the feedback everyone...I did buy a can of the stuff but haven't used it. Now, I don't think I will.
Image_thumb
202 Posts
May 23, 2014 11:32pm
via Android

Check out the FDA'*s letter to Almased , telling them it is an untried, unproven drug, purporting to have unproven benefits. I would give it a great big miss.

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 24, 2014 6:50pm
via Android

I did a few years ago. Bought 1 container. No results. I read about the FDA being after them too. Dont waste your money.  Stick to exercise and eating sensibly.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 28, 2015 8:51pm
via Android

Better way to get rid of exercise soreness is to GENTLY bounce on  a minitrampoline for a few minutes.

28 Apr
Can I set a timer on this thing to do the intervals I want? All I want is a free exercise timer to set up for P.A.C.E. I need to be able to change the times of intense work & rest to suit myself. The HIIT timers I have seen are not flexible. Can't vary them throughout the workout.
29 Apr
You can create a workout with whatever custom intervals you want. You can use pre-existing exercise names or just make your own. I do it a lot.
29 Apr
The HIIT timer i liked was 'A HIIT timer' and you could set up repetitive sets, & to get variety you would have to create a new set & specify how many times to repeat. Similar to this app, if you have an exercise you want to repeat, you can create a set of two exercises, like crunches and a rest, and tell it to repeat the set however many times you want, but if you want variety in the times you'd have to add each exercise individually.
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 29, 2015 8:57am

I always think it's ironic to buy something to lose weight. Do your workouts, change your eating habits. Eat more good protein, fruits and vegetables. Less sweets, alcohol and carbs, You even can save money this way;-)
Drink more water, avoid "light-products" and if you like it, it spicey.

Also a handful of nuts everyday (though not the salted ones of course) help to lose weight!

Use this app for your workouts, find people who inspire you and check more topics. here are enough about losing weight. You can read my healt blog here
http://www.skimble.com/forums/24-health-conditions/topics/34302-heiko-s-health-blog

I also have added some other interesting links, like Scotty's topic about it:

http://www.skimble.com/forums/2-motivation-support/topics/32126-want-to-lose-or-gain-weight-read-this?sort=desc

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51