Knee pain

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 2:01am
via Android

When I try lateral lunges my right knee hurts every time. Anyone know what I can try?

15 Jan
I am going to speak from experience I have had 13 knee operations , 4 which were reconstruction of the ACL, now I have no ACL and am building the muscle around the knee! Try holding on to a chair, the bench etc. and only go to where you are comfortable, if the problem persists seek medical attention! Might not be something serious but better safe than sorry!
369031_1710743683_1076049596_n_thumb
1 Post
Nov 13, 2014 4:13am
via Android

Try a low intensity warm up  and stretch your knees, legs and lower back moderately before starting your workout.  Also choose low to moderate strength exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee. There are plenty exercises to choose from, so try out a few, take your time, but be consistent. If pain persist seek a professional opinion.

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 4:25am
via Android

Thanks for the info.

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 5:04am
via Android

Maybe try something more casual??

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 6:45am
via Android

I have same problem but need my knee replaced so am going slow and low or no impact.  I'm in poor shape so am doing as little as I can to not hurt myself. Working area that don't hurt a bit more.  I just need to keep going.  Got to build muscle around the knee.  Keep up the good work.

Icon_missing_thumb
24 Posts
Nov 30, 2014 7:49pm
via iOS
Maybe try bands or a towel for some support when trying new exercises so that you don't go too far and injure yourself.  I still cannot put weight on my left knee after injury so skip the ones on my knees and go for movement where I work the surrounding muscle without direct pressure.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 15, 2015 10:42pm
Make sure your knee does not go past your toes when doing any kind of squats. Also be extremely careful when doing any jumps. I had 6 surgeries on one knee and a total knee replacement in the other. I wish someone had told me these things earlier. ;)
09 Aug
I posted this last January & now I can go just as low on both sides. I just kept doing what I could. Now I love these!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51