Need to gain weight. HELP!!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jun 25, 2013 7:25am
via Android

Im 135lbs. And i workout often but the way i eat is not good enough to gain the weight i want. Do i need a meal plan, protein, or what?

25 Jun
Sounds like you have a high metabolism. Me too. Start your day with some oatmeal and fruit. Try to eat several meals a day instead of three big ones. Smaller portions of course. Dont do the weight gain formulas. Seen to many people mess up thsir bodys with this. Try to use a natural protien powder from a health food store. Sgay away from anything artificial. And for exercise, do core exercises ones that work the whole body. Strong legs, back stomach shoulders. Etc.
25 Jun
I would start by finding out what your daily caloric intake should be. Its fairly easy just go on google and type what is my daily caloric intake. And put in your height weight and age. And you should find out what protein. Carbs and fat u need each day. And take it from there. Good luck
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jun 25, 2013 11:59am
via Android

Basically everything Don said:P why do you need to gain all of a sudden??

25 Jun
Im 6'2 . And i had started to work out last summer and i was doing great. I got up to 145. But gaining weight was hard i ate double everything. But i had to.stop due to a injury.
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 2:34am
via Android

Awww that sucks. good luck gaining though

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 6:42am
via Android

Eat carbs my friend!

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 7:24am
via iOS
You say you want to gain weight not fat...... Best way to do that is build muscle.... Lift heavy... Balance your protein and carbs intake. Eat more. Keep it clean...
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 2:22pm
via Android

I agree with the eating part cause protein with no carbs equal no gains!. U dont have to lift extremely heavy u can do body weight exercises also mixed it up good luck

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Jun 26, 2013 2:59pm
via Android

If you want to gain weight and build muscle there are two basic ways to do this. Next to the numerous ways of training ofc

Big bulk and a clean bulk.

In both ways you are creating a caloric surplus. In the cleanbulk you will create a smaller surplus and a lower percentage of your energy will come from carbs than in the big bulk.

In the big bulk the building of muscle and gaining of weight will be quicker. The downfall of this method is you will also gain bodyfat. This because of the created surplus in the calories you are taking in.

In the cleanbulk the gains will be slower. But the positive thing about the cleanbulk is that you will gain less bodyfat.

Training on both ways wont be different. If you need more info on how to bulk some bodybuding forums have great info about it!

26 Jun
Yeah you ain't gaining any muscle unless you on a caloric surplus for the day

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51