Is it smart for 150 lb male to eat 4000 CALS a day??! Is there easier way?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 2:32am
via Android

I would like to be atleast 170 lbs need some valuable ideas please thanks

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 2:53am
via iOS
It really depends on what those calories consist of. For example, if it is all carbs, you will only gain weight in fat. If you want to gain muscle, I would say that many of those calories need to be protein, and you will need to exercise a lot. Do very little or no cardio and lift heavy. Do your workout in one shot, then consume protein and some carbs directly afterwards to help your body repair itself. I am no expert in major lifting or gaining huge amounts of muscle mass, so hopefully someone else will back me up or correct me. Bryan J. and Rappa D. know a lot more about this kind of stuff then I do, so you may want to PM them.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 3:09am
via Android

Thank u for the advice really appreciate it yeah i was reading up on carbs and i got the same instructions that u just said to me so it makes me feel more confident byt also someone told me if i take to much protien alot if it wont even process and goto waste so id like to know which strenght/bulking/toning excersise can i do regularily day-to-day because i dont have time in my schedule for a gym becausw of my location? Thanks :)

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 3:14am
via iOS
I really do not know exact exercises. I know some, but I could not give you a routine. All I know is that you should not exercise the same muscle group two days in a row. Always switch, like on Mondays focus on chest, shoulders, back, and arms, and then on Tuesday do everything else. Make sure you have adequate rest, though, or else your muscles will not have time to heal from the stress. Sorry that I could not be more help.
17 Jul
That as great advice/information i really appreciate it i will concider all reasonable replies thank u
Image_thumb
70 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 8:09am
via Android

Like Ariana, I am no expert on heavy lifting and putting on tons of mass, but I suggest using this app along w Primal Paleo.  Primal Paleo follows a Paleo diet and has many recipes and also features a workout section that includes both body weight training and strength training with weights.  You might also check out bodybuilding.com, bodyrock.tv, and leehayward.com and follow his 12 week workout program.  When my brother had to put on weight he drank ensure between meals and several times each week he would enjoy a protein shake with a few scoops of ice cream.  He also ate lots of steak. 4000 calories seems excessive to me, but I have never tried to put on weight.   Talk to your dr or nutritionist for the best answer for you.

17 Jul
Thank u for your input laura its very helpfull il look into all which u suggested and hopefully find more answeres to educate myself beyond the great advice youve all provided :)
17 Jul
You're welcome!! Hope it helps you reach your goal!!
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Jul 16, 2013 10:20pm
via Android

Ok I was a heavy lifter for many many years. I spent twenty years in the military and all I did was work, workout, and sleep. Ok a little exaduration but still. Heres my advice. Your main power exercises are squats, bench press, pull ups, and leg presses. These are your standard power and weight powerhorses. If you weigh 150 then try and incorporate at least 120 to 150 grams of protein not all supplement either. Make sure to get that through food as well. Watch your cardio times throughout the week. Not saying to skip cardio. Just watch that your not hindering your ability to put on weight. Always shock your body and not plateau. When I started I was 165. At my most shredded time I was 235. You can do it. Stay strong and stay motivated.

17 Jul
This is all amazing information . Ive also been told to eat 160-180 grams protien everyday not just in pouder which is great. I baught some excersise machines and i will start my weight gain mission thank u :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51