How to gain healthy weight

1 post | Original | Recent
4 Posts
Sep 4, 2013 12:27am
via Android

I am underweight, but healthy looking. I love to workout but i do not want to lose weight! Are there ways i can gain healthy weight (not by lifting) while still being able to workout everyday?

08 Sep
This is a great question! It's ok to be a little underweight, since you are active and workout. I think if you want to gain weight you probably need to focus on adding calories - especially since you love to workout, which is great! But when adding calories they need to be nutrient rich calories, not just more calories with fat, sugar, etc. You want calorie rich but nutritious foods such as Greek yogurt, fruit, nuts like almonds, etc. And additional protein is important too - salmon, chicken, etc. You may want to add 2-3 snacks a day in addition...
09 Sep
Thanks so much for answering my question!! I posted it a while ago and nobody answered. I try to eat chicken or beef with my supper every night, something with peanut butter for breakfast or lunch, and i snack on nut and fruits all day. I love hummus and i drink tons of milk and water. I also break away and eat fast food for one or two meals a week. I want to run more but im scared to lose too much weight. Thanks for your help!
10 Sep
Happy to answer! Sounds like you are doing all the right things, I think you should be fine to increase your running. Try it for a few weeks, see how the added running goes. If you don't find any additional weight loss, then you can keep it up. Running is good for you, I really enjoy it, I hope it works out for you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51