How to gain muscle mass?

3 posts | Original | Recent
8 Posts
Sep 27, 2013 4:29pm
via Android

I'm trying to build muscle now that I've lost fat. I know to lift heavier with fewer amount of reps, but what do I eat, how much and what about shakes and supplements? Which foods help a lot and what are the foods that I should stay away from?

27 Sep
You don't want to just eat anything. Be mindful of fat intake bc it'll be unhealthy weight gain. So, increase your protein intake with lean meats, poultry, fish, when snacking try soy nuts (if not allergic). As far as shakes, try those with high protein content. You can look into Herbalife24, nutrition line for athletes and athletes at heart. Its entire line helps with lean muscle gain and help repair and rebuild from workouts.
1017 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 1:37am
via Android

If its pure for muscle mass a rep range from 10 to 12 is proven to be the best.

For training i would suggest to you that you create or find a schedule which focusses on compounds. Those are exercises which work several musclegroups. The main compounds are squats, deadlifts and presses. This will help you to develop strenght next to mass and 'forces' you to move correctly.

As for eating, its important to eat atleast a lil more than you burn. These extra energy sources will be used by the body to build your muscles. Protein is the essential part in this. But extra carbs wont do you harm either. Just dont overdo it on the extra calories or the fat will come back faster than you like hehe.

260 Posts
Sep 28, 2013 3:21am
via Android

You need to start with 1 gram of protein for 1 lb. Of body weight u trying for , don't over do cardio and only do cardio after weights. Don't forget get 8 hrs sleep

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51