Are proteing shakes good?

3 posts | Original | Recent
6 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 2:30am
via Android

I was wondering if protein shakes are good? Ive heard of people saying that their bad/unhealthy and they have gained body mass without taking protein stuff.

01 Oct
They're pretty helpful depending on how you use them. . If you're trying lose weight then you probably don't need them but if you're trying to build muscle then either before a workout or after or both. . If that's your only protein intake I recommend replacing a protein shake with a meal. . I personally use it as my breakfast after running.
01 Oct
Its good as long you really workout!! Like until your tired, because it might cause the protien to change in fats and could increase in cholesterol
950 Posts
Oct 1, 2013 5:06am
via Android

There are a lot of different kinds of protein and a lot of different info out there. Some ppl say dairy protein is bad others say soy is bad.

They do provide an easy and convenient boost if you're weight training and trying to gain muscle mass.

you can do the math and figure out if it's economical for you to buy protein or just eat chicken, tuna, beans, etc. i think per gram of protein it seems economical to use protein mix, but maybe the difference in cost isn't that big a deal to you.

One thing you can do is research common side effects and stay very aware of how a protein might be affecting you. You might notice skin changes our mood shifts... or digestion issues, just stay aware.

An easy one that mostly everyone should watch out for is to avoid shake mixes with a lot of sugar.

260 Posts
Oct 3, 2013 1:29am
via Android

You can most times get the protein u need from eating but it takes more planning if u not doing weights or resist training 3/4 gram per pound u need, if weight training u need at least 1 gram for each lb you looking 2 b. Take at 20 to 40  grams within 1 hour after working out stay away from soy it's missing some proteins and side effects include man boobs

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51