How to get bigger muscles?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 6:33am
via Android

Okay so around March I worked hard to lose only my belly fat..then like in July I literally reduced in size.. I lost like 15lbs..which is not really good cuz my weight was already good enough. Anyways my question is.. how do I get bigger muscles? Im working hard to get back to my weight but only with muscles.

Recommend me some workout programs

What I often do is bootcamp I

P.S. any good no equip. workout for shoulders? They dont seem to grow with pushups and pull ups

28 Oct
Grab some food cans for the weights
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 6:54am
via Android

Shoulder Killers works for building size and strength. Let me know if it works for you.

17 Nov
This worked for me
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 6:57am
via Android

Eat protein after working out. Use weights or do bodyweight exercises.

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 7:31am
via Android

Alright I should start getting protein shakes. Thanks :)

27 Oct
better eat meat, fish, eggs and other natural protein. I don't like protein shakes, pills and stuff like that
Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 7:32am
via Android

Gonna try that :D thanks!

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 11:53am
via Android

Okay. Thanks for the advice!

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 12:11pm
via Android

If you wanna stick with body weight exercise your size increase is limited. You can wear a weight vest or something. You can do inclined pushups (feet up increases the weight) you can do the exercises very slowly with close attention to form.

Of course building muscles needs the building blocks.  Eat protein afterward, as much as twenty grams, within 45 minutes, is the latest info from what I've read lately.

Besides that yeah I think you might want to look into weight training to gain more muscle.

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 27, 2013 12:42pm
via Android

Haha thanks! How much is 20grams by the way? Can you give an example?

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 12:27am
via Android

I recently looked at this article on Mes Health all about the best pre workout protein shakes, the best post workout protein shakes, and the best before bed shakes

Now, each section had a link to the Mens Health store, so, take it with a grain of salt cuz they're def trying to sell something.

I'm not body building just looking to improve my condition right now with body weight exercises, so my post workout protein comes from tuna straight out the can and a hard boiled egg. I get these big cans of tuna and a quarter can is about 17g protein, maybe in America a half can is about 16g? And a hard-boiled egg if I remember is about 6.  Now I am by no means a nutritionist just read a lot and was vegan for four years so had to learn a lot to be healthy, and there's probably a more efficient way, but the rest of my protein comes from chicken and brown rice and occasionally beef. I don't worry too much about it but I try to get some protein after i work my muscles (pullups and pushups and such)

There is tons of info on this stuff out there, the trick is finding it. I Recommend stumbleupon for checking health and nutrition interests and it takes you to random websites about that stuff you might never find just googling.

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Oct 28, 2013 1:46am
via Android

Wow thanks man! It really is nice and I guess it will help me with my probs. :D

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Nov 17, 2013 5:20am
via Android

Yes it did work and it made my shoulders ache for 3 days haha. But kinda hard from the part that it takes an hour to complete it :(

19 Nov
Omg i just did that one yesterday and made it like twenty minutes in before my shoulders were dead

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51