Skinny legs syndrome

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 3:25pm
via Android

I see guys and ladies doing lunges . I think these people are freaking awesome. But I'm scared ima fall over apparently my legs are weak as hell. Any advice would be greatly appreciated please positive responses only...

10 Nov
I always have to stand next to something for emergency balance. I really want to try jump lunges but I know I would end up hurting myself lol
29 May
I have always had strong and big legs but since I was little I always did squats... I know people say squats are just for women but trust me it does help fast on gain muscle mass in the legs
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 4:10pm
via Android

Well. First advice would be give it a try and find out! Watch some clips on how it should be done and try it out.

Image_thumb
83 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 4:38pm
via Android

Chip Squats will build the strength in your legs. Its easier to keep your balance and as you build your legs up lunges will be like a peice of ca...rrots lol

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 10, 2013 4:48pm
via Android

Run, run and run

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 5:06pm
via Android

Deadlifts, good mornings and bulgarian split squats are just what the doctor ordered. Get that prescription filled

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 10, 2013 6:48pm
via iOS
I was the same way when I started... 

What I did first was squats. Just remember to put your weight on your heels when doing them to take the strain off your knees. 

You also want to do some core exercises which will help with the balancing needed for the lunges.  

Then you can start doing the lunges but you may want to start off with a runners lunge (a little easier) when you feel that the runners lunge is getting easier for you, try to do a regular standing lunge (alternating). Finally, once you master that, you can start adding weight.  

It is definitely a process but it is rewarding to see how far you have become by doing these little steps.

Good luck
10 Nov
Be sure to take that step forward, then lower your body as close to the ground so your knee almost touches the floor, then alternate. I always see people rocking their body forward while lunging. Make sure your knees don't pass your toes
Image_thumb
265 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 7:11am
via Android

I agree with the running and weights. I just want to add:

You can take smaller steps and then lower into a small, less extreme lunge to start off with. You can slowly build muscle and balance that way.

Also: don't be afraid to fall! I tip over all the time doing side planks and leglifts.
Workout on grass or nice soft yoga mats to break your fall. Alternatively take that advice about using a wall!

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 11:58am
via Android

Start small weights and lots of reps, then work your way up with the weights for lunges.

I stick to a 30kg bar over the neck as it improves your balance and uses more muscles aswell.

Image_thumb
76 Posts
Nov 11, 2013 12:53pm
via Android

Yeh just give it a go with something to balance on near by then keep at it and youll get better!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 6:46pm
via Android

Watch YouTube.....it will help lot!

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Nov 15, 2013 6:49pm
via iOS
Well my legs are kind of small but im tall so if your legs are strong i wouldnt even care that much how small they are
28 Apr
He says in the op his leggs are weak. and he looks pretty big on his profile picture.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 28, 2014 2:56am
via Android

Try doing some lunges with dumbells its easier to balance than a barbell

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:32am
via iOS
Just go for it , try without weight and slowly progress so u have a barbell on ya shoulders with plates on each end

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51