via Android

Can i take protein at age 17?

20 Dec
What u mean "can I take protein at age 17" Yes u can y would u ask that bro
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 20, 2013 6:55am
via Android

Because somehow people tell me that suitable age to take supplement is at 18 n above..but that's okay..bro i just want to ask u can protein enhance growth ?

Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 20, 2013 7:14am
via Android

By itself no..if u were to drink protien shakes through th day ud more thn likely gain mass but it wouldn't b muscle...protien does not enhance growth n itself yet protien is a building block of muscle whn working out what is actually happening is microscopic tears in muscle fiber and tissue and our bodies response to make adaptations to the stress ths is why we get sore technical term is DOMS....th tissues and such grow back thicker and denser ths is what we call muscular development...ths tearing down and recovering process is how muscle develops...it is also y advanced lifters can hit wats called a plateau which means ur body has become adapted and progress has stalled much research still needs to b done and its still not completely understood but for recovery to rebuild back what is damaged takes adequate amounts of protein tht is y protien is called a building block for muscle and protien is essential for muscular development ..th source doesn't matter as long as if ur weight training u make sure u get around a gram of protien per pound of body weight...tho timing of nutrition can b manipulated n our favor thts really not important for beginners...ur body at 17 will respond to protien th same way at 18 th reason y people say tht is because supplements place a must b 18 to take product on th label ths is for liability and legal reasons for th company and has nothing to do with th consumer

20 Dec
So if like that,should i take or not yet ?
20 Dec
Yeah, protein is just protein, you get it in foods. If you're weight training then it may help to supplement protein. It helps a lot more if you know how much you're currently getting per day. How msny grams if protein do you normally eat per day? And then you can decide, from your goals, if supplementing your protein would help, and how much.
20 Dec
Yea :-) like what he just said

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51