Foods to Eat for Muscle Growth?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 3:37am
via Android

I need to know what certain foods I need to eat when I'm trying to bulk up and the consumption of protein to take
Please help._

16 Jan
A lot of protein. Chicken, fish, ect...
16 Jan
Add Potatoes, Bread to build mass,but you have to lift hard...
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 3:43am
via Android

Chicken, cottage cheese, protein shakes (I use a few different kinds), egg whites, seitan, tempeh, Greek yogurt... and then brown rice and whole grain breads are carbs with a bit more protein

16 Jan
Oh and tuna fish
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 3:45am
via Android

Thanks man

Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 4:22am
via Android

You need about 1 gram of protein for each lb you r, try to get about 25 to 35 grams within a hour if workout done,this base on a weight routines of about 21 sets should be done 30 to 45 minutes as u gain more muscle massĀ  u may increase sets and time but going over a hour may b to much

16 Jan
Yeah when I'm really on top of things with diet and exercise, I'm trying to eat around 15~30 grams of protein every two hours I'm awake. I read the body can't really absorb more than 20g in 2 hours, so I vary my sources and hope for the best in quick and delayed absorption. There's probably a way more scientifically exact way to plan it with different proteins to maximize results but I'm not at that stage.
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 4:30am
via Android

If u use protein supplements stay away from soy products, eat lean beef,fish,chicken,natural peanut butter no added sugar,Brown rice ok not everyday,it has more arsenic then any other food,sweet potato,beans,and it don't hurt to have some fruits berries r great

16 Jan
I think you mean stay away from soy, BUT those others (lean beef,etc.) are ok.
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 6:45pm
via Android

Potatoes, peanut butter, meat, eggs, and chocolate milk. You have to lift heavy though too.

Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 7:22pm
via Android

lean protein:chicken breast,turkey breast lean beef,egg whites. good carbs:brown rice,oatmeal,sweet potatoes, bannas,apples,pineapples,grapes, water.

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jan 16, 2014 8:50pm
via Android

I have heard that chocolate milk is a good source, but surely it contains lots of sugar?

17 Jan
I've read that it's a good post workout recovery drink. Yeah, too much sugar, not enough protein for anything else.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51