Creatine vs Whey protein

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 11:04pm
via Android

I've been taking whey protein for a few months now. I've started taking creatine as well as the protein. I've seen a big difference in my energy during workouts, but not as much in mass.

Did anyone else use creatine or whey protein and see similar results? Anyone have suggestions for how to continue growing while not sacrificing the energy?

Any help would be great. I'm open to any suggestions or comments.

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 11:12pm
via Android

Hey bro, yeah I had the same result. I took creatine and whey protein aswell. Then I learned I had to up my diet. Including water intake. So calories and carbohydrates I took double the amount and all of a sudden I was gaining mass without being so sore all the time. All in the food my man.

20 Feb
I agree. The right answer always seems to be more food lol
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 11:30pm
via Android

Creatine is just for energy. It will not directly give you any gains but the ability to go a bit harder during your workout. There are many reasons why you may not be seeing the results you are expecting-- what you're lifting, how you lift and when, recovery, overtraining, nutrition, medications you take, etc.

20 Feb
I agree on this aswell.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 12:20am
via Android

I've been focusing on protein foods mostly, eggs, etc. It's just difficult to find the time to make the food I need. Thank you for the suggestion. At first everything was great until I realized just kidding wasn't going to really bulk me up.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 2:44am
via Android

I'd watch out for creatine if you want to stay lean. You will get big very fast though. I'd shoot for cre alkaline

21 Feb
Lol ooh watch out you actually might gain a lil bit of muscle :'). Its not that creatine will do wonders or anything.
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 4:05am
via Android

I've supplemented with creatine monohydrate as well. I took it for a couple months and maybe gained only 5lbs from it and then just maintained a ceiling point. The problem with creatine is you usually get a "wet gain" since the results most people get from it is just water retention. Its fine if you dont mind a more bloated look in your muscles but I personally prefer a "dry gain" and look more ripped which is why I discontinued using it. I found it does help as far as getting in that extra rep or two but as far as weight gain, I would just double your dosage and see what happens. 10g instead of a recommended 5g.

21 Feb
I feel like the creatine had just bloated the areas I've been working out rather gaining full muscle. Whey seemed to help add to my diet.
21 Feb
Yeah, same here. Protein is the definitely the most essential. Weight gainer shakes are great if your looking for more size. You still get alot of protein and hell of alotta calories with a pretty low fat content. Can be more pricey but definitely worth it.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Feb 22, 2014 6:46am
via iOS
Protein is essential to fees the muscles. Creatine is great as well, but you have to constantly shock your muscles. To gain size do  heavier weight at lower reps like 3x3 or 5x5. You have to use a heavier load in order for the muscles to grow. Try using 80-90% of your max for about 2-3 weeks.
22 Feb
Thanks for the tip. I've been mostly lifting using a pyramid design. Set, then 9 reps, then 8, etc. Then dropping the weight down once I tire or hit my total set
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 22, 2014 8:44pm
via Android

I use muscle milk, i loss alot of fat and gain muscle using it, it also gives me energy pre workout .

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:36am
via iOS
Your body recovers quicker with creatine and you can get the extra 1 or 2 reps out
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 7:53pm
via Android

I always use creatine every 4 months to gain strength I managed to stay lean though. Plus I stay on 6 weeks then cycle off.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51