How long before I see results

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Feb 25, 2014 3:46am
via Android

Two weeks ago started a workout routine of mainly barbell squats , deadlifts and barbell lunges every other day I dont want to lose any weight. I just want to tone up and add muscles. How soon should I see results . when should I increase my reps and weight? Any info would be appreciated!

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Feb 25, 2014 3:58am
via Android

What are you eating?

25 Feb
I haven't really changed my diet to much I eat the standard 3 meals a day with snacks ( probably not the right things throughout the day ) I do take a whey protein shake only on work out days .
25 Feb
Eat lean proteins - turkey, chicken, fish... replace any breaded snacks with nuts, fruits and veggies
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Feb 25, 2014 3:58am
via Android

Increase reps and weight when you can. React to your body's progress. You can google stuff like "how many reps should i do" and read a few articles.

Depending on your dedication and intensity, you should notice visible results in about 1.5~3 months. If you pay close attention and log your reps, which you definitely should do, you can notice minor progression very quickly, which is great for both motivation, and staying on that edge of pushing your body's limits, which is how we maximize results.

Remember, rest is crucial to muscle development. You can rotate body focus if you want to workout every day, like arms one day, legs next, core next, etc... but if you work the same muscles every day you will not be helping your cause.

25 Feb
Follow religiously and believe in yourself.
25 Feb
Thanks good info :)
Image_thumb
143 Posts
Feb 25, 2014 10:02pm
via Android

You don't know how.long it takes it takes some people a day to build muscle fast and others it could be years

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Feb 25, 2014 11:26pm
via Android

Hi Shawna. I started my latest quest on the thirteenth of Jan and I have not seen the results I was expecting. I'm trying to mix up my routines as much as possible. Check out my barbell workout. Later.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 12:24am
via Android

You can see results in roughly 4-6 weeks. You increase weights and reps when you feel like your workouts getting too easy for you.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Feb 26, 2014 12:36am
via Android

If you are not eating right your results will be much slower.   Focus on high protein foods, fruits veggies, and watch your carbs(sugars).

If you want to build muscle you should work out with weights between 67% to 85% of your 1 RM max for 6-12 reps for 3-5 sets and increase your weight as your 1 RM max increases or as your ability to perform the sets and reps improves(ie if you can easily make 12 reps for 3-5 sets).  A good guideline for weight increase is 5# for upper body and 10# for lower body(but those values are not set in stone). 

Muscle building can take as long as 6-12 weeks, but fat loss results can be seen quicker and thus give an appearance of muscle building.  Also your weight lifted may increase quickly as well due to improved neurological connections between the muscle and brain, allowing your muscles to work more efficiently allowing you to lift more weight.

26 Feb
Thanks for the info! This is helpful! I am naturallly skinny so I got in the bad habit of eating what ever I wanted I am getting better but I know that will be my biggest struggle
26 Feb
I was the same way with my diet but have noticed that as I get older healthy eating(I hate the term diet) makes a HUGE difference with body composition. Glad to help and best of luck.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51