No point in jogging?

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Mar 28, 2014 5:16pm
via Android

You guys know that if you want to pack on muscle, you don't jog. This article was an interesting read, thought I'd share it. Mentions how weight training is just as beneficial, if not more, to your cardiovascular health than jogging. Pretty sound arguements also. I would love to read the whole thing, but I have to poop. Peace http://www.t-nation.com/training/jogging-delusion

30 Mar
I'd look at people who run spartan beasts for proof...14+ miles of run training and those guys are FAR from skinny. Its all about balance.
Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Mar 29, 2014 2:04am
via Android

Eh... I'll put it this way - I'm a martial artist and there was a time where I focused more on weight lifting than I did running, and I got winded quickly during sparring. I started running regularly again and my fight endurance increased dramatically - anyways, I hope you enjoyed your poop

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Mar 29, 2014 2:59am
via Android

I like jogging, it increases stamina

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Mar 30, 2014 3:29pm
via Android

They're not really comparable activities. Running is infinitely better for cardio endurance (and will save your ass in a zombie apocalypse).

The meditative state of running on trails through a huge park is something I love, along with the endorphins. If you're a guy looking to bulk up it shouldn't be your first pick though.

30 Mar
You could be right. But I found it interesting in the article when it states resistance training works parts of the heart that cardio does not.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51