Resting days....cheat meals?

4 posts | Original | Recent
14 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 6:19pm
via Android

Okay I personally do not enjoy the idea of having a so called cheat meal because I get nervous that it'll ruin my progress..... same with resting days or break days. Should I have one day to relax, or just do exercise everyday?

07 Jul
Yea you absolutely need off days. Whether you do cardio or weigh training they are very important, and you should have 1-3 depending on goals. Your body has 2 types of muscle fibers, ones for speed and ones for strength. As you work out, you create micro tears in these muscle fibers. Through protein synthesis, amino acids fill these tears making muscles stronger, harder, and more elastic. So without off days ours bodies can't fill these micro tears.
07 Jul
THANK U SO MUCH! You really saved me there ...because that means my resting day should be tomorrow! Wow I could've hurt myself!
137 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 7:42pm
via iOS
No matter how you may feel you NEED rest days. You can live without cheat days and i would not recommend them, but you must rest. When you have your rest depends on your fitness level. When i first started i had to rest for 4 days a week as i was achey after a small workout. Now i rest one day a week. Your body will tell you when you need a rest day as it will be achey. Just listen to your body and if a part is hurting don't workout until it stops hurting or you risk injury and your progress will stop as well. Good luck, hope i helped. :)
13 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 12:50am
via Android

Yes it's really important to take à "break" but cheat meal wisely

10 Posts
Jul 12, 2014 6:56am
via Android

Its like the saying one healthy meal wont make you fit; one bad meal wont make you fat 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51