Exercise and rest... Necessary or not... Explained...

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 11:01am
via Android

Wondering why your body is aching as hell??... Why your muscle growth have become stable... Why you cant do the exercise with the same intensity and strength...???..... The answer to all these questions is NO REST.. Ask urself.. Have u given rest to ur muscles for a day or two..??... If the answer is No.. Then i must say.. U are gonna end up with something called as muscle ATROPHY... Believe me.. Let me explain this to u in a simpler way.. Suppose you are holding a rubber band... U are pulling it again and again in ur fingers... U started increasing the pull on it... When eventually it will BREAK... Now same is true for ur muscles too.. You workout hard.. Harder and harder, harder and harder pulling and pushing the weights... And eventually what will happen?... The muscle fibre will break.... This will be accompanied by a danger sign-PAIN.... But unlike rubberband our body have a unique property of REPAIR.. it will fill the gap between the fibers..... And thus muscle length will increase... This is what we call trophic effect... Now think of a muscle which is not getting any rest... You are continuously using and using that muscle whoes fibers are breaking each time you work out.... And eventually what happpens??... You know the answer... But this time... Its more dangerous... There will be bleeding in the muscle.. Blood will surround the muscle fibers and clot there... And you know what happens when the blood clots?.... It becomes hard... Same as it clots on the skin... But now will this hard clot let the fibers to move.?... No it will not and adding to it everytime you will workout now, it is going to bleed from the clot and end up in larger bleeds..... Eventually ur muscle will end up being smaller than with what you had started earlier... Did you planned for this?.. No you didn't... So let me tell you what you can do to prevent it...

268146_135467113204576_7566555_n_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 11:03am
via iOS
I try and exercise intense for 1/2 hour each weekday and lay off on the weekend. Will doing this assist me or do me damage?
23 Jul
Carl... What u can do is focus on different muscles each day.. Like if you did arms today.. Focus on lower body or abs in the next two days.. Give ur muscles some rest for 2 to 3 days then again do the workout...
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 11:08am
via Android

Continued with the first comment......  So now what to do to prevent the muscle injury... Simply...  REST...  Let ur muscle to repair for sometime and get ready for the workout... In the mean time give the muscle what it wants..  ie.  Proteins and amino acids..  Eat plenty of proteins and supplements to provide ur muscles the nutrients  it need to repair....... Will surely help you to gain more and faster muscle mass......
I suppose i made u clear...  For any queries  do ask me...  And for updates...  Follow me..  :)..  Dont forget to share this with ur friends...and do like this post  :)

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 12:57am
via Android

Gotta say, you know your stuff. But nearly 90 percent of the people reading this don't work out hard enough to "overtrain" (people love using that word). As long as you eat great, get sleep and train smart, workout 6 days a week. Gymnasts are a great example. Those dudes are ripped and they workout the same muscles everyday.

25 Jul
Jason good to know ur views about this.. :)... Unlike the muscle builders, the gymnasts are especially trained for stretching... They have to have a flexibility... But like all others they too are more frequent to injuries when they have just started training... Endurance and flexibility is all what they require.. Its not the training they do.. . Its more like a repeatative practice they are doing for which they had already trained their body... But yes the same goes for them when they had started training... :)................... Wanna listen more from u.. Hope that helps....
25 Jul
Good insight! Keep up the good work!
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 5:34am
via Android

@jason.. Yaa sure..  :)

25 Jul
Thanks for this info, much appreciated.
25 Jul
Welcome... For more queries, do ask me... For more updates don't forget to follow me.. :)
27 Jul
Your opinion on fasting?
28 Jul
Carrie... You can see my topic on dieting and loosing weight... It will answer ur question... If still any other queries then do ask me.. Follow me for more.. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51