I want to build muscle

4 posts | Original | Recent
7 Posts
Sep 13, 2014 6:51am
via Android

I would like to build muscle mostly the upper part but I'm doing a split routine with upper and lower in the gym and I would like to ask the best way to gain muscle and so should i drink protein shakes or what and I want a six pack is it okay to drink protein shake will I not get a bit fat from them.

9 Posts
Sep 13, 2014 7:40am
via Android

If you want to build muscle as in hypertrophy, start with strength training. I suggest you do 4 sets of 8 - 12 reps per exercise, per muscle group you want to engage for hypertrophy. 12 reps needs to be the max you can do per set, otherwise you need to take on heavier weights and the tempo I suggest is 2 - 4.
Be patient in results. As for the protein shakes, I don't use them myself, I just do my best to eat right :-)

Hope this helps, good luck!

Robby Guso

139 Posts
Sep 13, 2014 7:15pm
via Android

6 to 12 repetitions of 66% to 85% of your 1 RM is best for muscle hypertrophy and look at consuming 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight daily(either food, shakes or bars).

821 Posts
Sep 13, 2014 9:23pm
via Android

Protein shakes won't make you fight. And you should not give up on working out the lower part of your body especially more so if you are after a six pack.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51