Supplements advice

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 6:03pm
via Android

What supplements should I start using for strength and muscle gains or any other that might help and what will they do for me

27 Oct
Protein and cretine are the main ones...a good protein will have essential ammino's and some multi vits wont hurt thought its debateable that they do anything and thats pretty much it...I wouldnt waste money on anything else. Though you can eat good food as a source of protein ita better form than powered supplements.
27 Oct
I am taking in 170 grams of protein daily from skimmed milk eggs meat (goat) whey protein peanut butter and almonds should I add creatine too? My goal is to gain mass and I am on a 3300 to 3500 calorie diet
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 6:43pm
via Android

#1 is a good diet, this is more important than any supplement or "stack" of supplements and in my opinion is on the same level of importance as dedication in the gym. If you're not eating right you will not gain or loose anything no matter how hard you work out. Diet is the number one reason why people fail to sculpt their bodies or to gain muscle mass.

#2 a good protein that is low in fillers (non muscle building stuff) but honestly if your diet is good protein is only required if your trying to put on serious mass.

#3 a good multivitamin is important even if your diet is good. This is because it is very hard to get things like iron or vitamin D in your body without eating a lot of red meat which you should not be doing on a good diet.

#4 amino acids and branched chain amino acids. Amino acids are basically the glue that your body uses to stick everything together, for instance to make muscle your body will use amino acid protein to sugar and other things to create a muscle cell. The body can also break this down for energy which is also nice.

#5 possibly creatine but there is a lot of research out there and I suggest you do your own research on creatine. Some articles say that your body does not ingest and store extra creatine while others suggest that creatine at the miracle workout supplement. My advice here is to try it out if it works it works and if it doesn't work don't buy it anymore.

27 Oct
I have been eating 300 gms of meat( Lean goat) cooked in a healthy way without any oil or shit and am taking a multivitamin plus a real clean diet with steamed sweet potatoes( with skin) and oatmeals and weightlifting 6 days a week plus jogging/sprinting 3 times a week for an hour each.. is all of this fine?
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 7:08pm
via Android

Yeah that sounds like a good diet I don't know what kind of financial or geographical limitations you have on your food sources but chicken and fish are also good sources of lean protein. In my personal opinion and without any actual evidence or citations to back me up I would say pretty much anything that is not processed is going to make a good diet. Just make sure that you have protein and water with every meal and you'll probably be good.

27 Oct
Not financially limited though, I am not super rich but I can afford to invest a lot in myself.. family money :)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 7:48pm
via Android

Yeah well the chicken available to me are broiler chickens which are not healthy in my opinion I cycle my meat with leen beef and fish plus a gallon of water daily

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Oct 27, 2014 10:59pm
via Android

Creatine,  amino acids, along with a good diet. If you weigh 150 lbs then eat 150 grams of protein a day. But spread it out throughout the day as your body will only absorb 25 - 30 grams of protein per serving.

28 Oct
Already doing the spreading bit but consuming more than 150 won't have a bad effect will it though?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51