Flat butt

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Nov 3, 2014 3:09pm
via Android

Hey guys im new to this app! Im 23 years old and weight 121lbs I also had a baby almost 9 months ago. Lately I have been getting into a fitness routine as well as eating very healthy. My main issue is my butt area. I do squats everyday and just started the small gym at my home. However with a flat but I feel squats wont do much. How do I "build" a bigger butt. I feel the more I excercise and run the more weight I lose :( advice pls

03 Nov
Hehe i have the same problem.my butt is very very small :(
06 Jan
Me too. Its sad.
Icon_missing_thumb
83 Posts
Nov 3, 2014 4:28pm
via Android

Squats will help as well as fire hydrants. It will take time but it will get bigger. Are you doing squats with weights?

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Nov 3, 2014 4:42pm
via Android

No I havent done squats with weights because my muscles are so weak from never working out I find its hard to keep my balance sometimes even without weights. But ill get some and start off small.

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Nov 3, 2014 7:06pm
via Android

If you can get some light weight dumbbells or a kettlebell you can do sumo squats, kettlebell squats, there are various exercises within this app that you can do to eventually shape the area you are wanting to target but ultimately adding weight to your workouts are what will be most effective.

Icon_missing_thumb
83 Posts
Nov 3, 2014 7:25pm
via Android

Yeah definetly start small. Maybe just use a 10lbs dumbell and hold it wi th both hands in front of you. You should see a pretty good growth.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Nov 3, 2014 10:05pm
via Android

Thanks! Is it okay to work out my legs or do squats everyday?

03 Nov
I have read things that say yes and no. In my opinion you can never to do to many squats
02 Jan
You gotta take days off. Most people say never work the same muscle group two days in a row, and I dunno about that, but you shouldn't do them *every* day. Especially if your goal is to bulk up. Using heavy weight, what you're actually doing is tearing muscle fibers. Then as they heal thicker and stronger, that's when you'll see an increase in size. But you have to actually let your muscles recover from time to time or your workouts won't be nearly as effective.
Image_thumb
41 Posts
Nov 4, 2014 1:41am
via Android

Squats squats and more squats jessica....

Image_thumb
74 Posts
Nov 4, 2014 1:45am
via Android

Squats with weights help alot but it will take some time

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Jan 2, 2015 3:17pm
via Android

You need to add weights but only once your confident with your form. Also when your working on your butt you need to tire this muscle out completley, weather it be with weighted squats, lunges, fire hydrants etc. Do the excercises to the max...but the most important thing is to have rest days. This is when your muscle will grow.

Trust me this is working for me. I have a fast metabolism and avoid burning too many calories and for a bigger butt we need to keep some of them to help with growth.

Anyway your doing great, keep up the good work!

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Jan 3, 2015 7:29pm
via Android

Ooh gurlfriend Imma right a novel on this one. Im not sure if it's genetics but I can't get my buns to grow.  If having a flat butt pays. I'll be Richie rich.

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 6, 2015 3:11pm

Definitely add weight to your squats. And as has already been mentioned, start off small but don't stay small. Once you're confident with your form you should be adding more weight every time you squat. Also, if you have access to a squat rack or smith machine, I strongly recommend keeping your reps low. 3-5 reps is a usual recommendation for building muscle mass. You might also look into StrongLifts 5X5 or Starting Strength for some tips.

I also agree with Erin K's comment about your diet. You can build muscle all you want but if there is a thick layer of fat covering it you won't get the results you want. Try tracking what you eat with an app such as MyFitnessPal and focus on your macronutrients as well as a calorie goal. If you want to build muscle you'll need to eat more protein. Try http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ to help you determine your caloric and macro needs.

I think you'd be surprised how much you can do once you nail down your form. And when you lift HEAVY you'll really notice the changes you're looking for.

08 Jan
I am 23 and tying lose 20 pounds

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51