Foods that help absorb protein

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 5:12am
via Android

What foods do u guys know of that help absorb protein?? I am a pretty small girl(110lbs 5'2") and I am looking to bulk up my arms and tone my butt. And lose belly fat. I am currently drinking protein shakes before I workout(or should I do it after?) But I want to eat the right foods that will help me absorb the most protein into my body. Thanks

13 Nov
You should take the protein 1hour before and right after the workout. I trying to bulk up too, I take 100gr of oatmeal with that scoop of protein before the workout.
13 Nov
Also, carbohidrates help you bulk up, but you'll have to know the consequences of that. (More fatness coming in)
15 Nov
Not really anything that will help you make your body digest it faster, protein breakdown happens at a specific rate just like metabolizing carbs and fats. If you want to get more out of your protein get something that is 100% whey isolate, and micronized. The 'digestion' of these proteins has been done for you in the manufacturing process and they're broken down into smaller bits. Buuuuut, with convenience comes price lol.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 6:34am
via Android

You just need to make use of the protein you take in and your body will use it.  You need to stress / damage your muscles (tough workouts that leave you sore)  and the protein is automatically used for repair. As far as i know there aren't any foods to increase protein uptake

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 11:35pm
via Android

Thanks everyone. And thanks for the advice about protein 1 .hr before workout. ,I will do that

1376542_848357808517299_3727715934501285153_n_thumb
22 Posts
Nov 13, 2014 11:41pm
via Android

Np. Add the oats too! They help a lot on your goal.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 12:08am
via Android

Fast digesting carbs from fruits and honey works best with protein shakes oats are good too which I am using myself in my post workout shake but only quater of a cup though try taking them in breakfast or post workout as they are slowly digested whereas you need quick boost of energy before workout blend in apples bananas honey flaxseed and coconut oil coffee beans low fat milk, whey, creatine and ice and drink away for massive energy for your workouts :)

14 Nov
Add cinnamon to taste too
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 12:11am
via Android

I advise you to eat 7 pills of " fenugreek " with every meal, its good for absorption!

300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 3:29am
via Android

I'm pretty sure this is how a normal body works. You eat food, your body takes what it needs and the rest you flush down the toilet.

Idk if you can force protein into your body. I might be wrong but nowadays, I won't be surprise if there is a powder/pill for protein absorption.

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 2:54am
via Android

You should also take your protein after your workout. That's when your body needs it the most for repair and growth.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51