I'm here to gain weight!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 24, 2014 11:59pm
via Android

How about you guys? I've done the whole lean ripped and lightweight lifestyle and now I'm ready to add about 20ish lbs then lean out but maintain a higher weight. So far I went from 142lbs to 152lbs my goal is 165-170lbs

25 Nov
Me too.... i need more muscles
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 1:24am
via Android

Good luck!! I'm here to gain muscle but also lose belly flab

25 Nov
Keep it up...
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 2:17am
via Android

I can refer you to some clean supplements that can help you with your goals my friends are having some great success bro!

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 6:11pm
via Android

I put on 20lb of muscle in less than a year and gained a bunch of strength doing heavy compound movements, mainly:

Dumbbell bench press variations (incline, decline, flat)
Squats
Pull ups (close/wide chin ups, pull ups, etc) (Weighted if needed)
Dips (weighed if needed)

3 days a week (MWF worked great) First 3 weeks do 3 sets of 10 of each exercise with a weight that makes the last rep of each set difficult. Bump up weight when necessary.

Fourth week, 2 days working out with 2 days in between (Tuesday and Friday worked for me). Do 3 sets of 3 of each exercise with heavier weight, so the last rep of the last set is difficult.

Fifth week is rest. This is extremely important! You just thrashed your body for a month, take the week off from lifting.

6th week, start from the beginning; your typical workout weight should've increased. If not, take another couple days off.

During this cycle you'll want to eat a LOT of protein (at least 1g protein per lb of your goal bodyweight) as well as complex carbs. I personally use Optimum Nutrition as a protein supplement, but the cheap stuff from Wal-Mart will do, it just has more sugar. Good luck and lift heavy my friend!

25 Nov
Awesome guys! Thanks Matthew. I've been trying that method most of the time. Although I do switch it up occasionally. Sometimes I'll use a lighter weight and do 4 sets of my routine until failure.
26 Nov
Some of this true...but not 100% accurate, looks copied and pasted
26 Nov
For a start not all protein is the same...sugar content is just made up....optimum gold is a good blend of proteins and recommend along with phd pharma ht+ .. I would stay away from cheaper products as there usually composed of just poorer quality whey protein with no isloate blend at all. Sugar content inst worth mentioning...
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 6:39pm
via Android

If you have the heavy lifting down pat, then make sure you have the heavy eating part too. You're looking for 2-300 calories over your BMR (Basal metabolic rate) daily, as well as getting the right macros as described above. That is, if you want to maintain your cut physique. Otherwise, if you don't mind gaining some fat, eat like a pig and lift heavy. Best of luck bud! I'll be around if I'm needed.

25 Nov
Haha, funny you say that... I literally have been eating 3 times more than I was. I'm just so darn hungry all the time!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51