Setting amount of reps instead of time.

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 9:33pm
via Android

Hey everyone,

I am planning on using this app for bodybuilding if possible, however I don't see any way to set anything else other than just time, which really isn't what I'm aiming for in my programs.

Is this app strictly for time based exercises?

13 Jan
Yes mostly, but you have the option to create your own workouts. You could create one with a new goal each time? Hope this helps. Good luck with your fitness goals!
13 Jan
Example: create a workout for, let's just say 50 push ups, and set whatever time you think it may take. That way you can track what you've done and plan your next number of reps.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 9:56pm
via iOS
Hi Trent, I use this app for a wide range of bodybuilding programs. You can check them out in my created workouts.
Sometimes the exercise isn't on skimble but you can still input it 
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 10:00pm
via Android

So i take it the general consensus is that you can only set the time?

13 Jan
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 13, 2015 11:03pm
via Android

In Create A Workout I set the time it takes to complete 4 sets plus rest between. If I finish before the time is up, I just fast forward to the next exercise. I was turned off by that initially but you'll get used to it. I actually like it better because I would screw around, chat, wander off between sets but now I'm focused and crank out until the exercise is complete. Then I walk around and bs... hahaha

Image_thumb
114 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 2:44am
via iOS
Trent, Welcome to Skimble.  This is a great app for body building.  Check out Scotty K's workouts, like he suggested.  I also have a few to give you examples of how to create them on here.  Examples:
Image_thumb
952 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 4:31am
via Android

I create lifting workouts with plenty of time to complete reps, then add a rest time, then a fifteen second "get ready"  time. This way, if I complete my reps long before my time is up, I can wait through the rest time till its at the right point, skip to "get ready" then put my phone down & wait a few seconds to start again.

Example here :
Beginner Weight Training: Workout A

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51