How to gain strength

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 11:26am
via Android

Soo im 14 now and im weak when compared to other boys!! So what can i do to gain strength in my arms and yeah i want the mass and the shape to so that they wont consider me weak! So pleaseeeee help me! And please give me diet tips also for gaining mass and i dont have the whey stuff. any help woupd be appreciated

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 24, 2015 11:50am
via iOS
Ok you need to start building your metabolism #protein shakes and we will move from there
24 Feb
I got no access to protein shakes and all coz my parents wont allow me all that until im 18 so please anything else??
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 5:07pm

If you want to gain there are two steps:

1. Eat more calories than you burn

2. Work your muslces to failure 

When you're working out you don't need weights or a gym (although those will help you progress faster), you only need yourself. Pushups, pull-ups, chair dips, squats, lunges, planks, etc. Are all great strength building exercises and you don't need equipment to do them (except maybe the pull-ups). Work until you cannot possibly do another rep. You should feel so completely wasted in the muslces that you are training that it almost hurts. When you work your muscles to failure, they tear. Torn muscles will repair themselves and become bigger than before.

Try your best to eat plenty of good protein (lean meats, beans, nuts) and get PLENTY of water. Your muscle tissue needs water and protein to repair itself. You should be drinking at least one ounce of water per pound of body weight each day. Don't forget burpees, and crunches, and any other exercise that you can do without weights or equipment. There are PLENTY of options on this app.

Be patient about seeing results, they WILL come. Good luck.

25 Feb
This is the best advice for natural muscle gain. Sounds a lot like Mark Lauren's advice and training.
7052_774550605930061_3641545675546233756_n_thumb
1 Post
Feb 24, 2015 5:21pm
via Android

The only thing u should do...Is increase your level of  workout

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 6:57pm
via iOS
I competed in decathlon at that age and to increase strength my coach had me doing some powerlifting moves - heavy weight with just one rep. Squats/deadlifts/clean & press.
In the absence of those I used to do a LOT of pull-ups using tree branches, and basically anything I could hang off! 

I worked on muscle endurance with the legs and ran up a lot of steps. Or did lunges up them with weight or a bag on my back. 

Get imaginative, and use any opportunity you have to lift something. 
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Feb 24, 2015 10:10pm
via Android

At my opinion,to get strength,u must do the workout in many reps in short time..do as many as u can until u get tired..it's absolutely will help u to get the strength

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 2:39am
via Android

Eat lots of proteins, like chicken, peanut butter and fish.

About strength do lots of plank, burpees, work with repetition with your body weight... you will get it!!

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Feb 25, 2015 9:29am
via Android

Thank u all for the advice ill start right away hope it works!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51