Glutes

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 10:43pm
via Android

Whats the best amount of days at the gym to be training glutes? I keep hearing different things from different people. Ive been sticking to 3.

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Mar 3, 2015 11:55pm

If you don't train to failure during your workout, then you could conceivably work your glutes every day. If you want to stick to three days a week, increase the intensity of your workouts to the point that you cannot possibly do another squat, lunge, or whatever movement you're working on.

When your muscles reach "failure" they have torn. Torn muslces recover by building themselves larger. Drink plenty of water and make sure you're getting enough protein so your muscles can recover. Then after your rest day, hit it hard again.

04 Mar
Ok thankyou much appreciated :)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 2:01am
via Android

It depends how your are working out. If you are going in with heavy weights you will be too sore to workout glutes and legs more than twice a week. If you are just doing bodyweight exercise, you can do that all week long.

04 Mar
Ok thankyou im probably gonna stick with the 3 days a week as im using weights
04 Mar
As well im finding that my body gos to failure pretty quick...a few sets of squats and lunges with weight and my legs already feel like my legs will colapse if i do anymore. Is that normal?
04 Mar
You might not be recovering proper but yes that is to be expected in the start it'll be better if you hit them hard twice a week that's what I usually do as they say a muscle requires 24-48 hours to recover properly some even suggests 72 hours rest to so twice a week is what I go with
04 Mar
Ok thankyou :) ill do that then
04 Mar
Yeah if you are hitting legs pretty hard with weights you should rest 3 days before giving it another go. Once you build more muscle you can see if you start healing quicker.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 4, 2015 8:10am
via Android

No worries I always respect a person who take their legs training seriously :D

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51