Personal trainer

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 7:18am
via Android

So im having a consultation on Saturday with a personal trainer to see if shes any good...how do I know shes any good and if she can actually help me with what I want. Shes younger and has been doing it a couple years, does that make any difference or do you think she can be just as good?

05 Mar
Make sure she listens to you and then addresses what you've said...I've had PTs in the past to busy to listen to where I am and what I want and then carry on the wrong path...it set me back and lost them a client..ultimately they also have to push you hard, harder than you would normally if shes not doing that then your wasting money. Ot a nice touch if they remeber you the following week and not walk past you...you sont want a click hit off friend but you do want some sort of mutal understanding :-)
05 Mar
Very true..thankyou :)
05 Mar
I have to agree with Matt! You have to tell your trainer what you want for your body. A trainer is supposed to check up on you to see how you are doing with the workouts she would assign you to do. I'm actually getting certified in personal trainer and nutritionists in couple months. So if you and more advice let me know!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 8:40am
via Android

She can be good,of course.How can you know if she is good or not!? You'll just feel that,I guess.If she recognize your problems and wishes and suggest a way how to get to the goal then you can be sure that she is good.If she finds a way to keep you motivated then she is great..

05 Mar
Ok thankyou :)
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 11:19am
via iOS
What type of education does she have? There are personal trainers who literally just took a weekend class. So tjek her certificate. Tjek her testemonials. Look out for read flags like claiming to "reinvent the wheel" as you see many places online or doing things you never even heard about. It's usually a good idea to look for someone who got what you want. Do you want to be strong find someone who is strong. Do you wan't to be slim and toned? You get it.
If she makes it sound like you need her do buy it. You don't need her, but she can HELP you. Also ask a lot of questions and see if she can answer them. Ask why alot ;) make sure she can theach you how to get results alone after you stopped working together.

That's what I got for you.
05 Mar
Ok thankyou much appreciated :)
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Mar 5, 2015 11:13pm
via Android

Just make sure she understands your goals and is able to break everything down for you as simply as possible. If it sounds like she is reading a text book to you I would pass.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51