Help

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 12, 2015 1:41am
via Android

I'm 15 and and i bench 200 but i want to bench atleast 250 anyone know a few home exercise that can help my bench i only have dumbbells

12 Mar
Strengthen your core
13 Mar
Well ..if u are 15 and benching 200lbs I think u pretty much know how to get to 250lbs already... But some monster in the gym told one time to increase my bench work on my triceps ... Seeing as they fatigue first... Just keep doing what your doing ...u will get there
13 Mar
Im not understanding the 200. 200lbs ? Max ? Is that what you work with ? You have 100lb dumbells at your house? Chest is about focus , heavyweight is for strength , reps is for shape , size , and definition. As for bulking for slimmer body types, its all about calories. Your body weight times 20 is the amount of calories needed a day to grow.
13 Mar
Devin my max is 200 on bench and i have 25,30,35 lbs dumbbells at home and i want to bulk any tips?
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 1:33am
via Android

Hannah I usually just do push ups and curls but i find that not working anymore because ive been stuck at 200 for about 3 months now and i haven't quite working out

13 Mar
What exactly is your routine? If u don't mind me asking?
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 1:39am
via Android

Try googling "bench press plateau"  and read a few articles, lots of tips & ideas out there.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 1:40am
via Android

Thanks

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 1:52am
via Android

Every morning we work out at school on bench we usually do 5×10 at 75% and i always stay after school and do 4×3 at 85% and do 10×10 curls than do 3×10 on bench again at 50% than come home and do 100 pushups

13 Mar
Every morning?? Try instead a body split... One day work chest and back,next day shoulders and arms, and the following day legs... Work core every other day... Check out bodybuilding. Com.. Get a journal.. log each exercise ,the weight your using ,how many sets and reps per set... Each day try to do better even its just by one extra rep ... If ur training everyday at the gym their is no need to go home and do any extra...as long as ur giving it everything u got in the gym ..that is
13 Mar
Well we don't do bench every day we do it Monday and Thursday but i always do it after school is that to much?
13 Mar
It can be sometimes... Twice a week is good ... When I work chest I may do one routine for a few weeks and then a few weeks I'll change it again.. One routine I might after warmup put 45% x 10 then pyrimid the weight up each set till last set is 85-95% by 2 - 3 reps on flat bench..4-6 sets x10 incline db flyes..db pullovers 4x10,8,6,4 incline smith machine press using the same method as bench and after the last set I'll do a strip set... Then I'll hit back ... I'm not sure I'm helping u...
13 Mar
I got everything lol i think i might try that and add some tricep exercises
13 Mar
Good idea :)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 7:03am
via Android

Work on your lats and back as much as you focus on your bench try only working your chest no more than twice a week give other chest exercises a go incline/decline Dumbbell Press fly etc

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 5:05pm
via Android

Eat alot. You are at a growing stage in your body's life cycle. Also a good high calorie shake on top of meals. Add at least 1000 calories in shakes on top of your regular food. You will pack on weight fast. Add some stuff to your chest routine. Instead of all bench work get some peck flys and some cable chest workouts in there.

13 Mar
How many sets amd reps should i do i usually do 4×10
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Mar 13, 2015 7:00pm
via Android

Do staggered sets. If you can do 10 reps every set you are not straining enough. Try 3sets of 12-10-8reps increasing weight by a few lbs than drop down and do a burnout set 1x15 reps. Muscle confusion.

13 Mar
Okay ill try that thanks
13 Mar
Anytime , good luck to you keep up the hard work
13 Mar
Thanks amd will do

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51