Would appreciate some help!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Mar 25, 2015 8:10pm
via Android

Hi, I am 16 Years Old. I workout currently everyday and do a mix of cardio and muscle building workouts. I am currently 5'9 150 pounds and I want to build a bigger chest, abs, and bigger arms. I take a bottle of whey protein shake in the morning, then one after my workout also with a protein bar. Breakfast is usually a nutri grain bar or a Bacon Egg And Cheese Biscuit. Lunch will always be a ham, cheese and bread sub that I get at school. Dinner is usually some form of meat mixed with a couple vegetables. Does anyone have any exercises or tips to help me achieve my goal. Also, my bench max is 165, is that good? My goal is to be at 200. Thanks to everyone that helps.

Image_thumb
512 Posts
Mar 25, 2015 10:35pm
via Android

Eating the protein in the morning is nonsense. Your body can't store it and you mostly grow at night, so the best time to eat it is before going to bed.

26 Mar
It can be looked like at in another way as your body was fasting during the 8-10 hours you're sleeping and requires protein to back into a nitrogen positive state, that is when your body builds muscle. Whey is not exactly needed in the morning but eating protein in every meal is important for building muscle. I do take a shake as my breakfast because it's also my pre workout meal. So protein can't hurt at any time actually..
26 Mar
Go back*
26 Mar
Actually it can hurt. Eating too much on a long term is bad for your kidneys.
26 Mar
Too much translates to 2 gms per pound of bodyweight but in the range of 1 to 1.5 grams for weightlifters is not harmful and a hard thing to accomplish even at times
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Mar 25, 2015 10:37pm
via Android

Well I read to drink protein in the morning to kickstart your muscles.

26 Mar
It would be best to drink 16oz of ice water every morning, that increases your motabalism throughout the day and helps burn calories.. also is scientifically proven to "wake you up" to the equivalent of coffee
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 7:38am
via Android

Just go for 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites in the morning as you don't want the whey which does digest quickly in your body but that is not needed in the mornings, if you still like it because it's convenient then there's no harm in drinking it just make sure that it's from a reputable brand other than that to gain you need about 20 calories per pound of bodyweight( increase this by 200 if you're not gaining atleast a pound in a week) lift heavy eat more and drink plenty of water that's all I am gonna say in the end

26 Mar
I really appreciate your help man. Any other tips? Like I said, I want abs at the same time as I am.gaining muscle and need heavy advice on the best workouts to achieve that as soon as possible.
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 11:40am
via Android

Thanks a lot. Really appreciated.

26 Mar
No worries :)
26 Mar
Check your inbox please.
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 1:28pm
via Android

Skyler, I think there is some confusion here. I agree with Raja. Protein IS important AND she be included in EVERY meal. Whey protein does digest very quickly and is for supplementation. Before or after a workout. If you find it hard to make breakfast there are other protein drinks available that you could benefit with in the morning. Research protein meal replacement drinks on the internet. Remember protein is the building block for your muscles. Good luck.

26 Mar
I have no problem aquiring and making my breakfast in the morning. I can buy whatever needed and make whatever needed. What would you recommend?
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Mar 26, 2015 10:41pm
via Android

Skyler, let me first say that I am not a certified nutrition planner. Everybody is different. It is known that there are 3 common body types. Ectomorph, Endomorph and Mesomorph. Each body type handles certain foods differently. Your dietary needs also have to do with your level of activity.  Example an Olympic swimmer breathing only to train, or a guy just wants to show a six pack. The olympic swimmer will change his diet in the off season when training slows down as he will not need the caloric intake. The same goes for a fitness model, you know the guy with the abs so chiseled they actually cast a shadow. Before his photo shoot he will eliminate all carbs completely, bring himself to near dehydration so that he can look that way for the photos. Long story short, research you body type and determine your fitness level first. From there you can look to reputable sources online as to the best nutrution plans for you. I'm sorry I didn't feel comfortable giving you a specific nutrution plan, but if I had it would have been just my opinion. Good luck and stay safe!

26 Mar
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51