Meal prep questions? Any bikini competitors??

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 8:15pm
via Android

hey there,
July of last year I decided to start working out seriously with the goal in mind of one day getting my body to the condition it needs for a competition.

I'm stronger, more toned and definitely more confident than I was a year ago. With that being said, I feel mentally ready to get really serious about competing, yay! If there is someone with information about bikini competitions in general, I'd love to have a conversation.

But more so, ANYONE with meal prep ideas.
-How many meals do you prep in advance, how do you store it.

I just like to have as much information as possible lol. So anything and everything is already appreciated. Thank you

14 Apr
A good friend of my recently did a bikini comp. she would cook all her meals and snacks for the week on a Sunday and then package in separate containers-label if need to. Doing it all like this on one day really saves a lot of time during the week and helps you keep on track. As far as carbs, protein, and fats breakdown per meal - this was adjusted based off of her total daily calorie expenditure and how many weeks away from her show she was. This is a pretty broad description of what has to be done...
15 Apr
Hi I love bikini fitness I'm not in it because I'm not ready for it still fat .. but I think and don't take it wrong you should work on your abs arms and legs a little more u know girl a little more chistled you look great it's just a pointer that's all.
15 Apr
Thank you very much Veronica. Constuctive criticism is exactly what I needed before this morning's workout :) definitely agree with you! That is why nutrition and cardio have become quite serious to me. I've been woking out with the goal in mind of building my muscles and stamina and I know they're there just need more cardio to burn this stubborn fat. And just trying to figure a good meal plan for myself. Thank you again!
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 1:32am
via Android

I prep 5 meals for my lunches. All chicken breast, boiled. And with a side of veggies. I store them in Tupper ware and keep them cool in the fridge, never frozen. I use to make sandwiches but I found it hard to get accurate count of calories and macros. Hope this helps you a little.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 2:28am
via Android

Thank you, your information definitely helps.

Image_thumb
459 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 2:58am
via Android

I'm a sucker for pancakes and/or oats. So mason jars have been life savers for breakfast. I'll put all my dry ingredients in there so they're ready and measured so I know make exact macros. Add water and I'm done. Oats as well. I have Pyrex bowls with lids I'll measure out my oats, my PB2,  or what ever other dry ingredients I want, then I'll take an uncooked unboiled eggs and set it down in there to protect the shell. Grab and go in the morning for lunch.

For all my other meals it's pretty much the same. I'll cook things that can last a few days in the fridge. I'll make sure everything is balanced with carbs fats and protein. I usually do my meal preps on Sunday and Wednesday nights as like to prep 3 days at a time. Stops things from getting too boring I think.

Also every night I make sure I prepare all my dry ingredients for a protein shake snack if and when I need it in my day.  Already have my protein, granola,and PB2 crushed and blended ,and a thingy of yoplait yogurt to the side. Add my milk yogurt ice and the like , shake and go.

Thus completes my dissertation on the matter. Lol

15 Apr
Measuring out ingredients in advanced. Why have I never thought of this
15 Apr
It's a science bro. There's always new discoveries :-)
15 Apr
Perfect ideas, thanks D.J

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51