Strength training

1 post | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Apr 27, 2015 4:56am
via Android

At what point would I be able to do strength training. Is it too early to start thinking about that when its only been 10 weeks of basic body weight training? Do I need to wait and gain a certain amount of pounds in muscle mass first? Or can I start at anytime if I choose to? Any advice?

27 Apr
You can start now and you will greatly benefit from it, Just don't overdo it. Start at a comfortable weight then increase it week by week
29 Apr
Start now. I started recently while also doing the body weight things and other side exercises that require no equipment. Just don't overdo it and try to use proper form, I hurt my back/shoulder from just one time improperly bench pressing.
29 Apr
ok. i may do it for the summer. i do not have access to a bench or barbells so more than likely I will join my local gym. For the bench press, what would be the maximum reps I should be able to to do? I've read that it must be between 7 and 12 reps?
29 Apr
I've heard alot people say between 8-12.. you need to be able to just barely get your last rep in, if you could have done more by the last rep youre not lifting heavy enougj

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51