Trying to bulk up my legs...

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Apr 27, 2015 10:02pm
via iOS
So, I am naturally super lean and have always been self conscious about my chicken legs. What are some tips, tricks, and favorite programs on here that are good for bulking up?

I have finished Lower Body Builder I and II and I can tell my legs are getting stronger but I'm not noticing any significant changes in physical appearance?

Also, I eat very healthy as well as make protein shakes after my workouts, what am I doing wrong?

:(
28 Apr
I can feel you girl. I'm having the same trouble. Want some bulked up thighs. :( I wish you luck.
28 Apr
It is very difficult to gain size on your legs,it's a stubborn muscle compared to your arms due to the fact that you use it the most.
28 Apr
I have the same problem! I squat and leg press with heavy weight( for me). Deadlifts and calf raises are good examples of exercises that I do. Like they said it will take time.
29 Apr
Thanks Eunice and Levan for sharing this info :) So Eunice what kinda diet you have with these workouts ?
29 Apr
I follow the engine2 diet. Basically it's a plant strong diet.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Apr 27, 2015 11:01pm
via Android

Building up muscle is a slow process and typically slower for women than men. Generally speaking, you gotta lift heavy, & eat protein & calories above maintenance. (gaining weight)

You can build mass with bodyweight exercises but using weights will probably get more results...

Either way is gonna take months before you start to notice any difference.

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 2:09am
via Android

Skateboard I got legs like a monster from skateboarding

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 8:41am
via Android

There is a ton of programs you can find for female training. Both bulking and shredding plans for free can be found on bodybuilding.com. If you are fairly new, like 1 year or less to working out I recomend jamie eason live fit trainer. Check it out. You will learn a lot.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 28, 2015 7:41pm
via Android

From my personal experience I highly suggest walking by that I don't mean using the treadmill not that it's not effective but I'm speaking about actual walking .See one of the most used and strongest muscles we have are the ones in our legs, and because of our natural tendency to be lazy we take every opportunity we can to skimp on using those we muscles e.g using elevators instead of stairs, driving a vehicle instead of walking... etc. So I'm not saying throw away your car and skip the elevator ride what I'm saying is to just keep those muscles active regularly and daily by taking daily walks now here comes the tricky part that many people fail to handle and that is not everybody has the ability whether physically or mentally to reserve some time each day just for walking. And the answer for this is that walking doesn't have to be a chore or a workout or anything that you feel you have got to do, rather it should be something where you wouldn't think twice about doing, and would probably do whenever the opportunity arrives. For me I do that by going each day from my uni to my gym on foot it's not a super long walk and not a short one but over time I have become used to it, at first I used to litrally suffer but now I don't really feel anything it's become second nature for me. Shit I've written an essay...

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 4, 2015 4:35pm
via Android

I bulked up my legs in about a month. I walked everyday, did different types of squats and lunges every other day, and proteins and fruit.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
May 4, 2015 5:13pm
via Android

Don't worry sweety :) We are all here to help you.I will do what i can do and i will let you know if i will make an effective workout for you :) Here. Legs Workout

Image_thumb
49 Posts
May 4, 2015 6:37pm
via Android

Our legs carry most of our body weight daily so they are fairly strong already. So in essence, bodyweight exercises would only help to tone up the already-strong muscles? Therefore, weights would be the best option as Patrick has mentioned. So if you got dumbbells, use them :)

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
May 6, 2015 12:10pm
via Android

So I've read the previous posts and some were okay, some were not. The best way to build up leg size is weighted squats and deadlifts. I come from a family of chicken legs, but my legs are like tree trunks oh and calf raises. Squats will do mostly upper leg and calf raises will finish off the legs. Plus squats give you a nice butt good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51