Advise needed on gaining muscles

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 16, 2015 6:34pm

Hi,

I started working out to gain some muscles and stay fit. But i got some questions in my mind. Someone please clarify.

1. All websites suggest Whey proteins.. But I do not know I should take proteins before or after workout?

2. Recently I got some interest in running. Planning to slowly achieve 5K milestone. Will that make it difficult to gain muscles?

3. I usually workout 3 or 4 days a week. Will that be fine?

4. What are important facts\tips I need to know about gaining muscles?

Thanks

26 May
If you wanna gain muscles. .... low weigjts..high repetitions. .....
26 May
If you wanna gain masss....heavy weights with low reps
Image_thumb
821 Posts
May 16, 2015 7:07pm
via Android

1) yes you should always feed your muscles protein. Before, after workouts, when you wake up, before you go to sleep. Get enough protein in your diet, that is key. 1 gram per pound.

2) running a lot can effect gains. 5k is not excessive.  I want to keep this short so check out this link.
http://www.muscleforlife.com/cardio-and-muscle-growth-friends-or-foes/

3) you should lift at least 4 times a week and save cardio for a 5th day. But do what your schedule allows.

4). Tips: research nutrition, lift heavy, lift smart, lift light, practice proper form.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 16, 2015 9:06pm

Hi Jovon,

Thanks a lot for the valuable tips.. I still have one more question. Should i use more weights with less reps or less weights with more reps?

17 May
Well that's a bit of a discussion. You need both really. I will say sense it sounds like you haven't been training for very long go with more reps. It will get your body use to the movements you will have more practice and can focus on form more easily. It will be safer as well. Make sure you are training til failure occurs so you know that you are pushing your muscles on those last 2 reps. And be sure not to make the mistake that a lot of guys tend to make and just focus your training on...
Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 17, 2015 9:31pm
via Android

Thanks a lot for the valuable tips.... Hope I can step through right path and will see the expected result..

17 May
Just fall in love with the process, and you'll be alright bro
Image_thumb
953 Posts
May 18, 2015 1:52am
via Android

Take a look at these, and check out the article I linked in the description which explains them. Ive seen good results from these.

Beginner Weight Training: Workout A
Beginner Weight Training: Workout B

Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 18, 2015 3:40am

Hi Patrick, Thanks for the reference.. The article is really informational.. 

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
May 25, 2015 9:49pm
via Android

Other members have gave you the right advice just remember it is a gradual change keep cardio at minimum, increase protein intake shakes before and after working out also include high protein and carbs in your diet. Avoid any shortcuts and keep it natural.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51