Advise needed on gaining muscles
I started working out to gain some muscles and stay fit. But i got some questions in my mind. Someone please clarify.
1. All websites suggest Whey proteins.. But I do not know I should take proteins before or after workout?
2. Recently I got some interest in running. Planning to slowly achieve 5K milestone. Will that make it difficult to gain muscles?
3. I usually workout 3 or 4 days a week. Will that be fine?
4. What are important facts\tips I need to know about gaining muscles?
1) yes you should always feed your muscles protein. Before, after workouts, when you wake up, before you go to sleep. Get enough protein in your diet, that is key. 1 gram per pound.
2) running a lot can effect gains. 5k is not excessive. I want to keep this short so check out this link.
3) you should lift at least 4 times a week and save cardio for a 5th day. But do what your schedule allows.
4). Tips: research nutrition, lift heavy, lift smart, lift light, practice proper form.
Thanks a lot for the valuable tips.. I still have one more question. Should i use more weights with less reps or less weights with more reps?
Thanks a lot for the valuable tips.... Hope I can step through right path and will see the expected result..
Hi Patrick, Thanks for the reference.. The article is really informational..
Other members have gave you the right advice just remember it is a gradual change keep cardio at minimum, increase protein intake shakes before and after working out also include high protein and carbs in your diet. Avoid any shortcuts and keep it natural.