Less weight more reps or more weight less reps

5 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jun 15, 2015 8:32pm
via Android

Many people says that doing more reps with less weight will help you increase your muscles but one of my friend thinks it the other way... Whuch one should I follow???

15 Jun
I want to know that too!!!
6 Posts
Jun 15, 2015 8:53pm
via Android

Scroll down a little until you see the chart. Hope that helps!

6 Posts
Jun 15, 2015 9:18pm
via Android

Well, my thought here is that more reps with lighter weights is better for you. Just seems healthier, and I bet you build muscle faster that way too. I personally don't know much about weightlifting though.

1657 Posts
Jun 15, 2015 9:37pm
via iOS
Your body consists of 3 muscle fiber groups, each of which reacts differently to different rep/weight ranges

A good way to keep building muscle is to change your reps, for example, if you check out my workout programs they will alternate between reps of 10 or 12 and reps of 20 or 30 depending on the exercise. 

Keep hitting your body differently to keep it guessing and growing 
821 Posts
Jun 15, 2015 9:54pm
via Android

If you goal is muscular hypertrophy.  It doesn't matter what reps you do. The last 2 reps til failure is where muscle activity is off the charts. So it's just using heavier weights you acheieve this quicker with less reps than lighter weights. That's all it is. If you are new to weight training though, I will say stick to higher reps. Get your body use to the movements and it's good to practice more on form in the beginning.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51