Do women need protein shake?

5 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 3:02am
via Android

I am 20 and I have been working out for almost 3 months and I have lost weight from 71kg to 63kg. At first all I wanted was just to cut the weight. But I as I saw many fit girls on internet with light 6packs, well shaped biceps and triceps (not too big or bulky), now I feel like I want to take it to a higher level to be like them. I do irons, weight trainings, cardio, n stuffs, almost everything and I like hardcore training too, but honestly, although my belly is much flatter than before but it is still fatty (not flat) . The question is, do I really need protein shakes, supplement for toned abs, or anything to accelerate the process so that I can get packs,muscles, well shaped bicep triceps faster as I like to do hardcore trainings? Or is there any other way for acceleration besides taking protein shakes or supplements? Please help. Thanks.

01 Aug
pls see Skotty's post LET'S TALK PROTEIN SHAKES
01 Aug
Why do you want to accelerate the process? With fitness it's all about patience and endurance. If you stick with it, continuously challenging your body with say HIIT (also weights), pyramids, supersets and stuff, you'll get there. But it takes time. Those fitness girls on the Internet took years to look like they so now. Give yourself the time it takes.
5 Posts
Aug 1, 2015 9:36pm
via Android

Matthias K give you the point!  Also you can get some weight even if you dont't use protein.  You need to eat after workout and eat food witch have proteins inside like chicken or fish and something like that.  And yes,  be patient

4 Posts
Aug 7, 2015 3:36am

My co-workers look at me funny, but I love to mix an afternoon serving of casein with just a splash of water to make "frosting" because my other afternoon snacks weren't cutting it anymore. I'm much more satisfied with 1.1-1.25 grams of protein per body weight lately. It seems like so much more than most recommendations, but I get so darn hungry! Thanks for the post-I need to pass it along to my "cardio bunny" girlfriends!

1 Post
Aug 7, 2015 4:02am
via Android

6 Posts
Aug 7, 2015 3:24pm
via iOS
Hei Giffany i'm Gavana. I think if you want accelerate your progress then the answer is Yes, because it's true that high-protein shakes can help develop lean muscle mass, which is a benefit for all women, but it's also true that shakes can encourage fat loss, increase satiety, deliver essential nutrients and even improve metabolic activity. I hope my advice can be useful for you.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51