Trying to build muscle mass, super skinny!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 2:12pm
via iOS
So I'm a very skinny 24 year old man. I want to gain some weight, and build some muscle up, what's going to be the best way to do it?
Any tips/advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers :)
03 Aug
Building muscle fast would be with weight lifting to build bigger muscle do as much weight as you can lift :-)with only a few reps
18 Sep
Greg, weight training is essential so you need to a routine that will allow you to progress and increase strength. Just as important is eating enough food. You must be in a caloric surplus (roughly 10-15% above maintenance calories) and then Increase calories when weight gain slows down. Good Luck.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 6:27pm
via iOS
Thanks, I'm going to start doing home work outs first just to build confidence, then hit the gym once I feel more confident in my image. 
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 3, 2015 6:45pm
via Android

Isn't that muscle tone, I believe it's high rep low weight for muscle mass

03 Aug
high rep low weight - toning, low rep high weight - strength, medium rep medium weight - mass (3 sets of 8-12 reps)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 3, 2015 7:02pm
via Android

I really wanna gain weight

Image_thumb
196 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 7:19pm
via Android

Get a good 20 to 30 sets in your workout routine, high weight low reps, get to gnc and get some mass building protein shakes, amino acids and fish oil, great supplements! In 4 months I've put on 17 lean pounds! No joke, and ask them boys at gnc for advice, they know what to do.

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Aug 3, 2015 7:52pm
via Android

Get urself anabolic protein. Use heavy weights with low reps. Different days different muscle groups

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51