Calves hurt like a bitch! Help

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Mar 26, 2016 7:44am
via Android

Hey guys,
Lol I did an intense calf workout the day before yesterday and I forgot to stretch after that! Now the calves are mega sore and hurt a lot. Like I can't keep my legs straight . Any help? Or any remedies or any stretches to relieve the pain ? Thanks a lot

26 Mar
Sorry chirag. No cure for DOMS. And it probably has nothing to do with stretching afterwards. And believe me when I say this, I've tried everything
26 Mar
Thanks for replying. Let's give em calves some rest then :)
29 Mar
Sounds like you overworked them too fast and too hard. There is only one way to work calves: stretch before. In between sets. And after. Do not go too high on your weights either. Did you see Calf Craft? Just an example how to integrate calf stretches in between sets. Give a week and you ll be back to normal.
29 Mar
Forgot: for pain relief - Turmeric & Ginger= natural inflammatory - (I take it every single day I m rarely sore despite a rigorous workout schedule) -hydrate -hydrate hydrate- do myofascial release w foam foaller to increase blood circulation - compression tights (I know..yikes) - take protein (20 gr) every few hrs vs one large amount - phytonutrients - blueberries -Omega 3 like salmon to support protein synthesis & reduce inflammation - probiotics like yogurt - eggs for tissue repair etc.
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Mar 26, 2016 1:10pm
via Android

You pushed youre self hard, maybe a little too hard. Dont get me wrong soreness is king to making gains as youre breaking dont the fibers to be rebuilt, but now you have a bunch acid build up in your muscles. The best thing i can tell you is to rub those muscles out, (do it like you mean it) as youre trying to work that acid out of the muscles ps its going to hurt but needs to be done for a fast recovery. Or you can do a lighter/med leg workout. You might think youre body will let you, or youre too sore but the body will adjust and will work that acid out. Why you say sore for weeks or days on end is becuase you dont work the acid out and it stays in the muscles leaving the body to filter it out.

26 Mar
Thanks for replying Aaron appreciate it :)
26 Mar
Yeah no problem man. Sweat on and keep up the good work
Image_thumb
50 Posts
Mar 26, 2016 1:17pm
via Android

You can also take ONE pill of niacine. Its a vessle dilator which will send a flow of blood to the area. Now i say one pill to the fact of if you use more than one (like i said its a dilator) nothing will happen to you in a bad sence but it will make you sooooo itchy

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 27, 2016 4:16pm
via Android

Lots and lots of water and rest

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Mar 31, 2016 2:11am
via iOS
Get a massage ball or hard tennis ball and use it to roll the muscles - ball on ground and let your body weight push into it with relaxed muscles.   Hold it on the knots till they release.   It will hurt while you're doing it but very effective.  
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 1, 2016 8:38am
via Android

In Germany there is something called Pferdesalbe (horse-ointment). It was invented by a pharmacist, originally for horses. It contains only botanicals: arnica, camphor, rosemary and menthol.
It should relive muscle pain, joint pain and backache.
I don't know if it actually works for all of that, but it definitly works when you're sore.
The only disadvantage is that it really smells disgusting :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51