Chicken legs

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Apr 4, 2016 3:08am
via Android

So I got the them chicken legs I dead lift I do leg workouts I'm thinking since I only do legs twice a week I may need to up the game they look so small to me and honestly I think there's more fat than muscle idk and tips or type of training one would suggest?

04 Apr
Standing calf raises. Basically tip toe over and over again. Don't forget to point your toes out and towards each other as well as forward. Several reps of the three positions leave your calves burning. :-)
05 Apr
hi .....i think you should reduce your cardiovascular workout ....you can combine leg extension with squatting.
05 Apr
standing barbell calf raising, ..dumbbell calf jump
09 Apr
Thank you for the advice guys :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 4, 2016 3:26am
via Android

I have been told I have chicken legs all my life!!  I have a flat butt and long super skinny legs.  I just signed up for this app, so now maybe I can do something about them!!!

04 Apr
Right on welcome to the team
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Apr 4, 2016 4:00am
via Android

Try hitting legs 3x a week

04 Apr
What are some good workouts to train the thighs and calves like that strictly target them
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Apr 4, 2016 6:11am
via Android

You just need to hit legs once a week for good results.  It's the way you train legs that will make the difference.  Try something like this routine I've created

Blood, Sweat And Hypertrophy - Legs [JY]

04 Apr
For the calves you can do barbell calf raises. Do high reps like 15 - 20. I get a raised platform and setup on the Smith machine for them. For extra burn you can superset bodyweight calf raise with the barbell calf raise
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Apr 4, 2016 4:32pm
via Android

I would opt for a full body workout three of four times a week. With focus on the compounds. If you want you legs to grow you have to give them a lot more volume. If you don't like to train in a full body workout, an upper body vs lower body split is another good option. It basically comes down to volume. And the easiest way to add volume is to train the body part more.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 5, 2016 1:47pm
via Android

A variety squats, sprinting and calf raises(tiptoes) works for me

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51