Shrugs?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 22, 2016 4:51pm
via Android

How much weight would you recommend using for dumbell or barbell shrugs for a weedy beginner?
I'm trying to work my traps but can't work out if I'm doing shrugs properly. I'm trying to concentrate on lifting with my traps but can't work out if my arms are coming into play lol. Not feeling much of a burn. I'm only starting off with 16kg on the dumbell and working up each time.

26 Sep
Form is very important to activate your traps. When doing shrugs try to raise the weight with your traps slowly use light weight until you perfect this exercise, you should feel it working through the entire range of motion but will not see much movement when facing a mirror to observe form . Keep yourself upright and do not roll your shoulders. Another way to get great trap development is to dead lift. Compound exercises like deadlift activate stabilzer muscle groups especially the trapezius.
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Aug 25, 2016 2:47am
via Android

Well reps also play a part in this. I would start around 30 lbs and work my wake up. But try to do like 25 of each or something.

25 Aug
cool thanks I'll give that a go :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51