Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 16, 2013 12:56am
via iOS
How do I build my chest and pec area?
16 Feb
Push ups bro then eventually move on to bench pressing
16 Feb
I agree push ups and bench press best way to go! Or if you have a pull up bar you can really work all of your upper muscles at once.
22 Feb
I'm in 10th grade and I have done 120 push-ups nightly since the 7th grade... I have gotten lots of results and tone in my triceps and biceps but not so much in the chest area doing pushups
11 Apr
Hey Ryan. Nice name btw ;) are are going all the way to the floor with the 120 push-ups? Perhaps try some hand release push-ups
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Feb 16, 2013 7:00am
via Android

Pushups are always a good Pectoralis Major exercise. But if you want body-builder-like pecs that have this sort of shape \_l_/, then you need to work your Pectoralis Minor: the muscle on your outer pec that attaches from your chest to your arm. Chest dips will do this, but what I did to build up mine were pullups. You may need to really focus on your Pectoralis Minor more than the rest of your chest for awhile. I find that in most guys, this muscle is under-developed in relation to the rest of their chest because all they do is bench-press. Bench-press isn't the best exercise for building good-looking pecs; I would replace it with simple pushups if I were you.

Image_thumb
114 Posts
Feb 18, 2013 2:45am
via iOS
Feel free to give this a try:
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 1:13am
via iOS
::: (ggggggye
Icon_missing_thumb
19 Posts
Mar 14, 2013 11:36pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Mar 15, 2013 1:18am
via Android

Push ups for pecs

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 11, 2013 7:29pm
via iOS
Q 9 H
Image_thumb
35 Posts
Apr 11, 2013 8:35pm
via Android

In my opinion the best way to build your chest is by dumbells chest pressing, this exercise really isolates the chest area giving you a good burn with each rep. Push ups are good to develop a nice tone chest but it won't give you a massive looking chest like most men desire. If you really want very specific detail to develop a nice looking chest you can go to bodybuilding.com they have a lot of articles with information regarding this type of subject or any other fitness needs. Hope this information helps ;)

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Apr 15, 2013 2:43am

dumbbell flys, flat presses or wide stance pushups and dips are fantastic!, barbell incline presses for thickness and adding that all important shoulder strength.  If you dont work ur shoulders during the week your chest will not grow like u want.  id start with heavy dumbbell overhead presses and lateral raises Twice a week to supplemement your chest workout.  u cant have a powerful chest without those shoulders!! got to build ur back muscles to have a good base or foundation also.  lat pulldowns, dumbbell pullovers and deadlifts, chins too are perfect if you can squeeze them in.  best of luck!

16 Apr
All of the workouts here will work for you, theyre all excellent for a bigger chest.. it's just a matter if u want to work with weights or just body weight..good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51