Bulking and cutting

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 22, 2013 11:42pm
via iOS
Has anyone had experience with bulking and cutting? Could bulking on week days and cutting on weekends work?im trying to Luton muscle mass but not have gain to much fat.
24 Mar
I set aside say two months at a time or 8-10 weeks to bulk. Then starve myself for 6-8 weeks to cut. Of course it's all up to ur personal level!
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 1:47pm
via Android

Great question. Any responses folks?

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 2:06pm
via iOS
Joe stopinnis 12 week short cut to size is what you need. It has a diet guide work out guide and schedule, the whole nine yards that you can print out. I'm not "big" by any means but I was 135 pounds in September and now am floating around 160-165 and I'm 7-9% body fat. 30 pounds in 6 months is huge muscle growth, if you're bulking double or triple your calorie intake and take in double your weight worth of protein on days you work out and roughly the same on rest days. Although its be nice to be super cut it is hard to be gaining muscle and not have some residual fat gain. This can be taken care of with anabolic training, meaning timed cardio. So you start your run with the first two-three mins fast walking to warm up, then sprint till you're heart rate is peaked, once peaked or you feel as though it is walk till heart rate is normal and repeat. This will burn fat but not over work muscles so that you lose size. You NEED rest days especially if your training to bulk, you over work a muscle it doesn't grow, it may tighten and strength will increase but it will not grow, a change in excersise and weight is needed. The best option 100% is bodybuilding.com Joe Stopinnis 12 week short cut to size. Most of the things I know about chemical compounds, how your body reacts to foods, chemical, amino acids and vitamins and how muscles grow I learned from bodybuilding.com and Joe stopinni. Check it out its worth the time.
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 2:13pm
via Android

Wilkiam h. Thanks a lot for the detailed response. That's some hardcore information. I'm 5'5 152 lb. I think that's supposed be the high end for my height but I'm not fat just some gut. Of course like any guy I wanna get slightly big and cut. I'm wary of bulking as I'm sure it'll go to gut instead of muscle so I'm trying to trim weight down first (aka cutting?) And then I'll focus on bulking. Thoughts? I'll check the toppins routine.

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Mar 17, 2013 4:31pm
via Android

Thanks joe c. Especially for  the note about what's hot this time of the year. I just had downloaded the "short cut to size" routine for the jefit app. But if cutting is what's needed this time of year I'll try crossfit instead then. Plus I had great time doing the Spartacus workout, which is cutting I believe. On the other hand, "short cut to size" seems like it's organized in that pattern: cut week, bulk week. Mainly since the reps are organized that way.. week 1 high reps, week 2 lower reps higher weights.

Bodybuilding site is so intense, I feel like it's over my head every time, but a huge wealth of resources. YouTube gets me lost too, since it'll provide handful of individual workouts, but not an overall plan. The Spartacus workout felt great for me because it laid out the plan for three weeks at least.

All that being said, I like your note about the science part. It's just difficult to swallow the fact that in order to take care of my body, need  master's in biology/nutrition.

Image_thumb
1021 Posts
Mar 20, 2013 1:36am
via Android

Bulking and cutting is mostly a food thing. Want  to gain strengt, muscle mass and power/weight? Bulking is for you. How long and how intense all depend on your goals and stats. You could look into clean bulking. Sounds like smth for you.

In the cut, you will eat alot less carbs a day and stay under your daily kcl need. While at an all out bulking period you will eat whatever gets infront of you!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51