FullBody training

3 posts | Original | Recent
1017 Posts
Mar 24, 2013 2:15am
via Android

Hello all.

Since lots of ppl on this app arent that much into weightlifting. I am sharing a full body routine for the people who are interested to start some lifting. But really have no idea how to start.

A full body programe is good for beginners but also more advanced lifters can still benefit from doing it.

Its a 3 x 5 programme. This means 3 sets of 5 repetitions. Always do propper warm up sets!!!!!! This to prevent injuries.

1. For the women, dont be afraid to do some weightlifting! It can help you troumendously in reaching your goals.

2. If you are not sure about how to do an exercise. Ask an instructor in your gym. If you are lucky he/she can help you. Otherwise, youtube is your friend.

3. Technique above weight. Leave your ego at home when going to the gym.

Routine A:

Squats 3 x 5
Benchpress 3 x 5
Dumbell rows 3 x 5
Rear delta flyes 3 x 5
Dipps 3 set to failure

Routine B:

Squats 3 x 5
Deadlift 1x 5
Pull ups
Military press 3 x 5
Bicep curlls

When you train 3 times a week you will do A-B-A. And the following week B-A-B.

Its not the perfect routine and not everything works good for everyone. But its solid work without crap exercises in it.

Tips/critics/add ons/flame below

01 Apr
03 Apr
I've started weightlifting a little. I'm definitely going to try this :)
03 Apr
Good to hear! Get those sexy legs going ;). Dont be afraid to let someone help you to watch your form and technique. Lots of excersises arent the easiest ones but will sure work te body.
03 Apr
I don't have anybody to watch me but I've been using a mirror to keep my form right. It's hard but I keep telling myself that if it were easy then everybody would do it lol
05 Apr
Yeah mirrors are good to watch ur form. Always good to see girls doing workouts the good way!
60 Posts
Apr 1, 2013 12:12pm
via Android

Hi. Is this like Ice Cream fitness novice? I've been given a modified version that I've uploaded. Just started the new routine today. About to create the workout B too.

I don't feel too fatigued at the moment. I did feel that my arms were fatigued by the time I got to the arms curls though but I pushed through and reduced my weight a little to maintain form.

Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 Workout A

Would be great to get some feedback on full body workouts compared to other workouts. I think this will accelerate my performance and results but let's see!

01 Apr
It is based on the rippletoe routine. And its a kind of starting strenght routine. So some lower reps and good weight. Its kind of what i like doing when i switch it up and go for some power.
60 Posts
Apr 1, 2013 3:10pm
via Android

Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 Workout B

Addded workout B now too.

01 Apr
I have looked at your routine. Its a good routine but personally i would change it some. I woudnt benchpress on A and B. You are also doing barbel rows on both days. I would add chinn ups to B instead of the barbel row. But you have to try and see what feels good. With some slight modification these routines can get you a long way!
02 Apr
Thanks for your feedback! I entered it skightly wrong on skimble butbhave corrected it now I think. Once I get used to the lifts then I will add some more and maybe do some supersets too. Id love to do some chin ups, I know I'm not ready for those yet! What do you think?
03 Apr
I dont think you should really add much more since these workouts are alrdy though. If you want to change something you should switch excersises (who target the same muscles). And go with what feels good! Specially in a fullbody workout you dont want to go allout like you would in a split routine. If you add too much your body and muscles dont get enough time te recover. Supersets are not needed. This routine focusses on power and strenght to get you on a higher level. So just work the low reps on max weights.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51