Questions about pullups and pushups

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 28, 2013 7:30pm
via Android

Hey guys,
I know pullups and pushups are great. I've done them myself and seen great gains with my upper body. But can you actually get jacked just from pullups and pushups? I mean like 20 inch arms of just lean muscle. Or do you need to throw some freeweights in there. Any answers are appreciated thank you.

Image_thumb
20 Posts
May 3, 2013 12:45am
via Android

Alright thank you bryan you were really informative goodluck to you man

Image_thumb
20 Posts
May 3, 2013 1:09am
via Android

I know i just looked up sarcoplasmic hypertrophy to read up on it lmaoo what rep range do you recommend to get a body builder physique? I mean like low % body fat, lean muscle, and vascularity?

03 May
The rep range that is mostly used for bodybuilding purposes is a midrange repsize. This will be from 8 to 12. However there isnt just 1 correct answer for reprange if you want your muscles to grow. Specially on the compound excersises (benchpress,squats and various lifsts) alot of athletes choose to stay low in reps, 3 to 6, and high in weight. While doing excersise who isolate smaller muscle groups in the midle reprange. The reason for this being that getting stronger enables you to put heavier resistance on the muscle and get them to grow faster. I could explain...
03 May
Your bodyfat has little to do with the reprange you are doing. Lowering the bodyfat is achieved by regulating what you eat and burning kcals to get ride of all your storaged energy.
05 May
Just saw this post dude thank you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51